Record on the Market - page 20

Georgiy Merts:

I've been doing it for a year now. So far everything is going according to plan. There is one "white spot" left in the TC League, without eliminating which monetisation is not possible at all. I am working in this direction, but, alas, the results are still weak.

That's not what you're doing.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

from the codebase can be discussed.

The marketplace is not allowed.

At least, I previously tried to put a mention of their free products (not demo versions, but free products) - the post was immediately cut, the topic was demolished.

Well, then, the product must be put in Kodobaza. Look at that - in my League - the simplest and dubious TS !!! I'm sure any of them are available in Codobase in several variants. Well, that's what we're discussing !

You shouldn't try to cheat the Forum Administration. You have to agree with its rules, and work according to them.

Andrey Barinov:

That's not what you do.

What do you mean? I have a shitload of forum posts, in many of them I mention the TC League, and I post League codes.

Don't go far - next to it is the topic of a newbie (!!!) who, nevertheless, already knows about it. This is quite surprising, I thought the TC League was only for the regulars on the Forum.

Georgiy Merts:

What do you mean?

I can only repeat myself.

I don't see any products on your profile.

Andrey Barinov:

I can only repeat myself.

I don't see any products on your profile.

There won't be any, what do I need them for? It turns out the whole forum already knows about my TC League without a profile. There will be a paid signal when the technology of selection is worked out.

The product, I repeat, is a dead end. Proved by the fate of shareware, which I experienced very well once upon a time.

If you have to "sell grails to suckers" - it's good enough. For stable income - no.

Georgiy Merts:

There won't be any, what do I need them for? My TC league is already known to the whole forum without a profile, as it turns out. There will be a pay signal when the technology of selection is worked out.

The product, I repeat, is a dead end. Proven by the fate of shareware, which I experienced very well once.

If you want to "sell grails to suckers" they are good. If you want to "sell grapes to suckers", it is OK.

do not generalize.

there are many products - tools with which to automate certain processes in metatrader.

Andrey Barinov:
Share your knowledge, please. I don't really understand how to promote here on the site...

I think you know this very well without me. This is the blog and the feed on your profile. That's about it, unfortunately. And your imagination, of course. Note, authors of top market products publish a lot of things in their feeds. It's possible to see and do a similar thing.

Hmmm, and I've only just found the "take off showcase" button (

Let's remember what the main question is. "Will the free publication of products harm the marketplace and vendors?".

My opinion.

1. It's only worth talking about in the context of EA category products. I don't think that the market will be flooded with utilities, libraries or scripts.

The tester or a successful/unsuccessful period of application to the market decides about the "trash" or "good product".

The problem is born from the following assumptions:

1. A defective concept of the advisor software. This leads to the absence of quality criteria. The criteria of quality of Expert Advisors should be their functionality and the ability to automate the user's actions, not the ability to pretend to be the "Grail" for as long as possible.

2. the ease of creating Expert Advisors (any small program is already an Expert Advisor).

The defect in the concept of Expert Advisors and leads to "littering" of an entire section of the market. If you change the concept in your mind and in the minds of users, the "rubbish" will disappear. That is, small, easy-to-create programs with nice-looking icons will disappear. Gone will be the black boxes. Users will stop being interested in them.

Start creating more complex and interesting programs, and weak competitors will not be able to compete with you. Stop convincing the user that the strategy you come up with is the way to make money. Give him the opportunity to participate in the trade himself. Let him/her be responsible for the result. Give it only convenient tools to automate its actions.

Otherwise, all the problems with advertising and promotion will not get any worse. Everything will remain as it is.

ZS. Unless you rethink the concept of Expert Advisors and take a step forward from black boxes to user-configurable systems, the littering and loss of user interest in Expert Advisors is inevitable. imho.

Реter Konow:

Start creating more sophisticated and interesting programmes, and weak competitors will lose the opportunity to compete with you. Stop convincing the user that the strategy you come up with is the way to make money. Give him the opportunity to participate in the trade himself. Let him/her be responsible for the result. Give him only convenient tools to automate his actions.

I disagree.

My shareware experience shows that the complexity and interestingness of a program absolutely does not guarantee its success.

And the experience of TC-League shows that users do not need "an opportunity to participate in trading and take responsibility", even if they are given a choice of tools which have been working for some time.

Georgiy Merts:

I disagree.

My shareware experience shows that the complexity and interestingness of a program does not guarantee its success at all.

And the experience of TC League - shows that users do not need "the ability to participate in trading and take responsibility themselves".

The developers have spoiled users with Grails. They have defined their own preferences. Because it's easier for developers to create Grails than auxiliary automation systems. Easier to create and easier to sell.

Reason: