Forex vs Poker - page 9

FBS:
I think that it mostly depends on a person experience. No matter how experienced packer player is there is always a good place of luck and chance. But if a trader is experienced and professional, he knows how to analyse the currencies' movement, understands technical and fundamental analysis, knows about Money Management and risk control... This can really lead to success on Forex.

Can you please elaborate on packer playerspart? Or why are you so lazy to check your spelling?

Poker. There you know when someone cheats.

nbtrading:

Good point.

This conversation has really intrigued me. I think that the point that there are certain limitations in possibilities in poker is the only main difference to trading.

nbtrading:

Well, as in Forex, it's all about experience and inexperienced player may play cards as he sets orders - on intuition. He won't "read" players or graphs and will be oblivion to all the signs. So it's more of a similarity, rather than difference.

Poker v. Currency Trading - for me, there's a very clear correlation. Digital natives now are gamified - conversion is centred around a level-centred journey, a trader very often comes from the active games experience, starts out in video games, multi-level, multi-player, moving into risk-centred gaming like poker - and naturally looks to a better risk-managed kind of gameplay, one where the odds are not better (or, indeed, worse) but where the brain and the temperament are asked to change gear. We should recognize that trading is risk and that, in the main, it is not about winning (because that's the easy bit - no, really), it is about managing how you lose.

Files:

I think the different forex with poker is

- forex need analytical skill for make profit

- poker need more luck to get profit

but it is my opinion

Mercutio:
Poker v. Currency Trading - for me, there's a very clear correlation. Digital natives now are gamified - conversion is centred around a level-centred journey, a trader very often comes from the active games experience, starts out in video games, multi-level, multi-player, moving into risk-centred gaming like poker - and naturally looks to a better risk-managed kind of gameplay, one where the odds are not better (or, indeed, worse) but where the brain and the temperament are asked to change gear. We should recognize that trading is risk and that, in the main, it is not about winning (because that's the easy bit - no, really), it is about managing how you lose.

Interesting view at Forex as final step in the online "gaming" chain.

MaksymGra:
Interesting view at Forex as final step in the online "gaming" chain.

There is one further step now :bitcoin and similar stuff

sebastianK:
There is one further step now :bitcoin and similar stuff

But how bitcoin is the next step? You trade it the similar way you do it on Forex, but it's not the step forward it's maximum step to the side. And what about similar stuff? What are some examples?

There is definitely more probability in Poker, as some have learnt how to cheat and predict what's going to happen next with much greater accuracy than Forex trading. Imagine if you could apply 'counting cards' to Forex trading in some way! But then where's the fun in that?

Reason: