Forex vs Poker - page 5

I totally disagree on this one. Poker is all about probabilities, only afgter you know you have a good probability to win you start to read people to see if they seem to have the same feeling as well.

There is no point of trying to win with a bad hand in poker OR forex. (That's what most people mean when they say you should cut your losses fast and let your wins fly)[/QUOTE

==================================================

OH MY !!

In my most humble and gentle manner, not wishing to get philt in any way, shape or form angry at me, MAY I ASK HOW YOU KNOW WHEN A CURRENCY TRADE HAS GONE AGAINST YOU ?

while it has to be applied with a bit of knowledge, the single most overpowering reason for newbs to lose money is because THEY WERE STOPPED OUT of a trade THAT LOOKED BAD, AND THEN REVERSED INTO PROFIT ! (ONLY they were long gone from the trade)

I and those I have taught, have a lot of experience and knowledge in this activity, and I'm afraid Im gonna pull rank here, BUT more often than you could possible think, a bad trade turns good (and usually just at the moment you decide to dump it as "bad !")

Sorry, but the two things (poker and forex) are different animals in the forest of "wagering" ---- forex can reverse a bad trade, but rarely can a losing hand, once dealt, become profitable !

IMO

mp

just a last word as to not anger the mp fella...

Just like life itself, nothing is an absolute certainty in the world of trading, almost anything can happen. But what you are calculating from chart interpretation is what a stock or market will probably do.

Furthermore, you can increase your odds of success by waiting for a confirmation. (A confirmation is simply another movement in the direction that you already believe is probable). Notice in the trend reversal above that the new uptrend is confirmed, because it reaches a higher high, convincingly above its previous high point.

Essentially, your odds increase with each confirmation of a trend reversal.

philt:
just a last word as to not anger the mp fella...

Just like life itself, nothing is an absolute certainty in the world of trading, almost anything can happen. But what you are calculating from chart interpretation is what a stock or market will probably do.

Furthermore, you can increase your odds of success by waiting for a confirmation. (A confirmation is simply another movement in the direction that you already believe is probable). Notice in the trend reversal above that the new uptrend is confirmed, because it reaches a higher high, convincingly above its previous high point.

Essentially, your odds increase with each confirmation of a trend reversal.

========================================

ANGER ???

ME !!!

acknowledged to be one of the sweetest and most kindly peoples left on this earth ?

but to be honest, we should open our own laurel and hardy thread, because this one really deals with poker vs forex, and while your information is correct and unasailable, it doesnt have much to do with poker !

Well, actually, I guess one should wait for a "confirming" card to show an uptrend in poker also, so perhaps the information stated IS germain to the situation after all !

lol

mp

IMHO- Poker players make great forex traders due to quick and accurate decision making skills, dedication to discipline,focus on the long term.

philt:
I take it you havent heard of seasonality then.. Ps. you seem a little uptight, relax dude..

==============================================

what on earth does seasonality have to do with forex ? A currency is moving up, down or sideways, and even when it moves sideways there is a top and a bottom to make money from. If slow this month because of the high holy days in lithuania, it will move again, down the road -- and often, as these days, at a pace that people dont really like.

there is also a tremendous difference between "uptight" and just plain aggravation and being sick and tired of stupidity, and where the original poster certainly deserves some comical answers on the subject TO SEE PEOPLE TAKEING THIS SERIOUSLY leaves me to ponder the intelligence I find on these forumns.

While this silliness gets read by the newbs, they absorb it and believe it and this, along with some other drivel out there, takes me days to get out of their heads, and its ALWAYS after theyve lost money listening to these forumns !

no, far from uptight -- seriously upset with my fellow man is more like it !

"In the world of theory, there is no difference between theory and reality --- in reality, theory usually blows up !"

mp

Forex and Poker industry.

Hello, my friends.

This weekend I was involved slightly to Poker industry and was surprised how similar it is to Forex industry.

Few common things:

Let's start from the beginning:

- Services give you great deposit bonus up to 100%

- You can play on multiply accounts at the same time.

- Thousands of strategies and methods how to make money.

- Poker bots even exist!

What do you think?

Bongo:
Hi All,

Forex vs Poker?

This is my question.

What is the different?

Bongo

Poker is a card game.

Forex is currency Market.

Another question: is there a huge difference between trading forex and playing poker?

Well its true that you can't fully predict the outcome, but in poker luck is the deciding factor unlike forex wherein you could develop a technique to improve your chances of winning.

zero sum game

Forex is zero sum game,ultimately somebody looses for another to win.And the ultimate winner is the house/broker.Without the house's(brokers) co-operation one cant be huge winner(millionnaire)

we are playing against big poker players

IF we keep on losing in this game, there must be something intrinsic with this game that keep it happening all the time

we have to find a proven formula first that really stop us from losing, as most factors and time spend on it (factors) is against us

there are too many observation (quite hocus pocus thoughts) that could trigger a hunch (any time) so it is another factor that against us

Reason: