Multi pair indicators - page 56

mehtabkk:

Mladen.

Can you kindly create a Multi Symbol Indicator of this kind. We'll be thankful Sir. It gives superb signals. Also kindly add alerts.

Regards

Hi mehtabkk,

Be VERY VERY careful with this forex_strategist_di.ex4  indicator !!!

Based on your positive comments, I spent some time investigating it QUITE thoroughly...

The reason why it looks so great, is because it is intentionally designed to look amazing. It is TOTALLY BOGUS !!! 100%.

When building the initial chart, it runs from the current/most recent price back to the oldest price, and in so doing uses the current prices to build the histogram for older bars. If you look closely as some charts that this is used on, you can see that it will mark a bear trend change on a bar that has had 2+ prior bars with higher highs and higher closes. Impossible in real time. The only way to do this is to use future bars (which you have on the initial pass) and fudge the past to reflect it.

Here is the code I determined the main loop to contain:

// loop limit adjustments
   if (counted_bars > 0) counted_bars--; // this is done twice (once above as well), so repaints back 2+ bars, plus weighted inclusion of current bar (below)
   int limit = Bars - counted_bars;
   if (counted_bars == 0) limit = MathMin (limit - period, 2500);

// this alg is bogus: it repaints using future/latest prices to update prior bar result (since it starts from i=0/time=now). These can effect many bars into the past since recursive and limit set to 3 for real-time tick handling.
      //  The only thing they "forgot" to do was make the lastBarsWtPrice a global so they could use it for subsequent tick processing :)

for (int i = 0; i < limit; i++) {
         HH = High[iHighest(NULL, 0, MODE_HIGH, period, i)]; // Highest high for period
         LL =  Low[iLowest (NULL, 0, MODE_LOW,  period, i)];  // Lowest low for period
         currBarMidPrice = (High[i] + Low[i]) / 2.0; // Mid for current bar
         weightedAveNormalizedPrice = 0.66 * ((currBarMidPrice - LL) / (HH - LL) - 0.5) + 0.67 * lastBarsNormalizedPrice;  // adds in "future/unknown" bar to past bar calculations, since last bar processed was at lower array index
         weightedAveNormalizedPrice = MathMin(MathMax(weightedAveNormalizedPrice, -0.999), 0.999);
         wtdPrice[i] = MathLog((weightedAveNormalizedPrice + 1.0) / (1 - weightedAveNormalizedPrice)) / 2.0 + lastBarsWtdPrice / 2.0;
         lastBarsNormalizedPrice = weightedAveNormalizedPrice;
         lastBarsWtdPrice = wtdPrice[i];
      }

So you can see, that lastBarsWtdPrice, is included in the determination of subsequent bars. And since the loop runs from most recent data to oldest, the older values to take this into account and end up with "amazing" i.e. bogus results.

Not sure how to attach a screen shot of this vs the FOREX_Strategist (which actually seems to be a re-labeling/theft of SEFC-Bull-Bear), but output is identical. And when I change the loop to run from oldest to newest, so that the "future/unknown" data was not used, the indicator became much less attractive (i.e. like many other typical indicators of this sort).

Also, since they forgot to disable the data window output, you can look at the results of each bar in the data window yourself. If you load the indicator on an M1 chart, and put you cursor on the 2nd bar of the chart (not the most recent one,  since it is fine to update most recent one up until the bar is closed), you will see that its value in the data window gets modified as the prices move above or below the range of the most recent bars. If ticks are slow this can effect several bars into the past in real-time. And as mentioned when building the chart on the initial pass, this can effect 10 or more of bars back (Nov 8 election is a good example as the huge spike affected scores of bars into the past). When looking closely, down to lowest decimal you can see changes back 100's of bars. A simple way to visually see this it to let the indicator run for about 20 minutes on a M1 chart, take a picture of the chart or write down some of the time/data values and then change to M5 and then back to M1. You will see the M1 chart updated with the  amazing new "predictive" power :) Results that it didn't show when running real-time.

If you would like more details please respond.

By the way, just letting you know so that you don't loose your shirt on this one, and don't waste any more time with it...

profitabl:

Hi mehtabkk,

Be VERY VERY careful with this forex_strategist_di.ex4  indicator !!!

Based on your positive comments, I spent some time investigating it QUITE thoroughly...

The reason why it looks so great, is because it is intentionally designed to look amazing. It is TOTALLY BOGUS !!! 100%.

When building the initial chart, it runs from the current/most recent price back to the oldest price, and in so doing uses the current prices to build the histogram for older bars. If you look closely as some charts that this is used on, you can see that it will mark a bear trend change on a bar that has had 2+ prior bars with higher highs and higher closes. Impossible in real time. The only way to do this is to use future bars (which you have on the initial pass) and fudge the past to reflect it.

Here is the code I determined the main loop to contain:

// loop limit adjustments
   if (counted_bars > 0) counted_bars--; // this is done twice (once above as well), so repaints back 2+ bars, plus weighted inclusion of current bar (below)
   int limit = Bars - counted_bars;
   if (counted_bars == 0) limit = MathMin (limit - period, 2500);

// this alg is bogus: it repaints using future/latest prices to update prior bar result (since it starts from i=0/time=now). These can effect many bars into the past since recursive and limit set to 3 for real-time tick handling.
      //  The only thing they "forgot" to do was make the lastBarsWtPrice a global so they could use it for subsequent tick processing :)

for (int i = 0; i < limit; i++) {
         HH = High[iHighest(NULL, 0, MODE_HIGH, period, i)]; // Highest high for period
         LL =  Low[iLowest (NULL, 0, MODE_LOW,  period, i)];  // Lowest low for period
         currBarMidPrice = (High[i] + Low[i]) / 2.0; // Mid for current bar
         weightedAveNormalizedPrice = 0.66 * ((currBarMidPrice - LL) / (HH - LL) - 0.5) + 0.67 * lastBarsNormalizedPrice;  // adds in "future/unknown" bar to past bar calculations, since last bar processed was at lower array index
         weightedAveNormalizedPrice = MathMin(MathMax(weightedAveNormalizedPrice, -0.999), 0.999);
         wtdPrice[i] = MathLog((weightedAveNormalizedPrice + 1.0) / (1 - weightedAveNormalizedPrice)) / 2.0 + lastBarsWtdPrice / 2.0;
         lastBarsNormalizedPrice = weightedAveNormalizedPrice;
         lastBarsWtdPrice = wtdPrice[i];
      }

So you can see, that lastBarsWtdPrice, is included in the determination of subsequent bars. And since the loop runs from most recent data to oldest, the older values to take this into account and end up with "amazing" i.e. bogus results.

Not sure how to attach a screen shot of this vs the FOREX_Strategist (which actually seems to be a re-labeling/theft of SEFC-Bull-Bear), but output is identical. And when I change the loop to run from oldest to newest, so that the "future/unknown" data was not used, the indicator became much less attractive (i.e. like many other typical indicators of this sort).

Also, since they forgot to disable the data window output, you can look at the results of each bar in the data window yourself. If you load the indicator on an M1 chart, and put you cursor on the 2nd bar of the chart (not the most recent one,  since it is fine to update most recent one up until the bar is closed), you will see that its value in the data window gets modified as the prices move above or below the range of the most recent bars. If ticks are slow this can effect several bars into the past in real-time. And as mentioned when building the chart on the initial pass, this can effect 10 or more of bars back (Nov 8 election is a good example as the huge spike affected scores of bars into the past). When looking closely, down to lowest decimal you can see changes back 100's of bars. A simple way to visually see this it to let the indicator run for about 20 minutes on a M1 chart, take a picture of the chart or write down some of the time/data values and then change to M5 and then back to M1. You will see the M1 chart updated with the  amazing new "predictive" power :) Results that it didn't show when running real-time.

If you would like more details please respond.

By the way, just letting you know so that you don't loose your shirt on this one, and don't waste any more time with it...

Aren't all "sefc" indicators already stolen (stolen by "sefc")?

Good point :)  Not sure who the original author was, they might have decompiled FS's indicator, still bogus indicator though.

profitabl:
Good point :)  Not sure who the original author was, they might have decompiled FS's indicator, still bogus indicator though.
As far as I am aware of, "sefc" is no coder and "he"never was (the poor man was even claiming the authorship of solar wind). In many things "he" reminds on the "Karl Dittman" and "Rita Lasker" kind of ... things

mladen:

Try it out now

sir,

i dont know there is no display on the tend file

do have requires dll file. i dont have if needs. can you pls. provide

sal:

sir,

i dont know there is no display on the tend file

do have requires dll file. i dont have if needs. can you pls. provide

Hi sal,

If you are trying to get GW MA Trend, no dll is required, but you might want to use the version in post #551 above (v3.04), it builds on the one mladen improved and fixes a few latent issues with the display and its location, and a bit more too...

profitabl:

Last time I promise, version 3.04 :)

Found a bug that had the timeframe columns in wrong order,

so fixed that and while at it, added another scoring method option and added some other minor optional features and cosmetics.

Is this for version Metatrader 5? When adding this indi to mt4 I get nothing displayed. However when using Mladens I at least get the labels but no data.

RadoPip:
Is this for version Metatrader 5? When adding this indi to mt4 I get nothing displayed. However when using Mladens I at least get the labels but no data.

What are your symbols names like?

For example : is your EURUSD simple "EURUSD" or it has something else in the name? It is is "simple" set both the suffix and the prfix of that indicator to "" (empty value) and all shall be OK, or set any of those to the one that is used by your broker

hI mladen, and mrtools,

could you please make a multi pair version and all version with this indicator, this is really helpful, I had been using it for a while with good result. mana thanx

Guys .... multi pair TDI please... so many people use ii

Will be very grateful if someone can code it

Thx a million!

Files:
Reason: