SHOGUN Breakout Strategy

Folks,

Pairs like EURJPY move at least 150 pips daily. So if one started buying in steps as it went up, OR sold as it went down, there is a good chance of profit!

It is the opposite of Martingle! The trading is as follows ..

The current price is P. H is a separation, say 10 pips

Buy a position on every x pips as it goes up from P+H.

Sell a position on every x pips as it goes down from P-H.

Successive buy positions are to be added only above the first buy.

Successive sell positions are to be added only below the first sell.

Close all when the net profit crosses the profit target or max loss values.

A small stoploss and a large profit target will give very big profit during the big breakouts.

A large stoploss and small target will give profits quickly even during small runs.

It works best when volatility can be predicted properly.

Even if it is choppy initially, the range will break - sooner than later.

Eventually the total positions will be in profit, does not matter up or down.

Now, take profit quickly. What do you think ? Trading isn't too hard after all.

It can also form the basis of a good News trading system.

Ofcourse, judicious choice of trade size and max allowed loss dictates margin usage & risk control.

Wish you all a refreshing 2008,

auto

auto:
Folks,

Pairs like EURJPY move at least 150 pips daily. So if one started buying in steps as it went up, OR sold as it went down, there is a good chance of profit!

Ofcourse, judicious choice of trade size and max allowed loss dictates margin usage & risk control.

auto

Hi,

Just know,

you have the EA?

you need the EA?

you have an idea?

this a is trading system?

Easy Trading System

This is a trading system which can easily be traded manually. The demo EA under development, will be given to interested testers next month.

Meanwhile traders can test manually and get a feel of the mechanics of the market. You will discover, surprisingly, trading is now free from guesswork!

regards.

auto:
This is a trading system which can easily be traded manually. The demo EA under development, will be given to interested testers next month.

Meanwhile traders can test manually and get a feel of the mechanics of the market. You will discover, surprisingly, trading is now free from guesswork!

regards.

Please explain how you rescue trades in a ranging market? In the example above give an example for x.

Volatility Trading

You have to try trading it, to discover how it works.

If you keep adding in the price direction, and the price moves 150 pips a day, 500 pips a week - you will eventually win, if you follow the discipline.

Ofcourse many discretionary desicions are involved .. trade size, pip distance, when to start etc.. get your hands dirty - and you will know all.

Here i think, everyone will win - but the trader with a good feel for predicting volatility will win most.

Just look at the martingale EA...this is what you are describing:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178381

auto:
Folks,

auto

ducks in a row

yes, similar concept. Perfect trades just now ..

Files:

Martingale

auto:
yes, similar concept. Perfect trades just now ..

The 10points3 Martingale EA will never gain the profit you have just gained from your illustration. It would have gained the first TP then if it had immediately reentered the trade it may have gained another TP and so on. But in your case you gained the full profit from each progression.

I like your idea and have had some experience in trading martingale EAs but have no coding skills so please put me on the list of those prepared to forward test your proposed EA.

John

The EA already exists...just look at the link I posted.

yeoeleven:
The 10points3 Martingale EA will never gain the profit you have just gained from your illustration. It would have gained the first TP then if it had immediately reentered the trade it may have gained another TP and so on. But in your case you gained the full profit from each progression.

I like your idea and have had some experience in trading martingale EAs but have no coding skills so please put me on the list of those prepared to forward test your proposed EA.

John

Martingale

ElectricSavant:
The EA already exists...just look at the link I posted.

Yes I have read the thread and downloaded the latest version of the EA but unfortunately I am unable to make it trade.

It is the full MQ4 file but presents the grey hat and will not load. I am waiting for someone else to have that problem so I would get an answer to the problem.

2008.01.21 17:18:31 Cannot open file 'D:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\TFX v1_3.ex4' on the EURUSDm,M5.............Like I said I have no coding skills to help me overcome the problem

John

At the end of the thread a new version was just posted and many of us are testing it currently...I do not have the problem with the grey hat...simply try again..

auto is correct...this is a powerful method....not really a martingale...but a pyramiding modified martingale!

ES

yeoeleven:
Yes I have read the thread and downloaded the latest version of the EA but unfortunately I am unable to make it trade.

It is the full MQ4 file but presents the grey hat and will not load. I am waiting for someone else to have that problem so I would get an answer to the problem.

2008.01.21 17:18:31 Cannot open file 'D:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\TFX v1_3.ex4' on the EURUSDm,M5.............Like I said I have no coding skills to help me overcome the problem

John
Reason: