SHOGUN Breakout Strategy - page 4

v1 of Shogun EA

Hi everyone,

I have coded an EA for this strategy but backtest on EURUSD with default settings doesn't seem profitable, can someone take a look at the code, is maybe buggy. The integer seperation defines the pips between trades and tp=takeprofit (intially 10) sl=10.

If anyone can make this code follow the strategy better it would be great.

Files:
shogun.mq4  2 kb

One would have to run the statistics on each of the currency pairs to know when to take the trade and when not to.

hi

TheRumpledOne:
One would have to run the statistics on each of the currency pairs to know when to take the trade and when not to.

that's right ...there will be a condition based on statistic ...to anyone who has run this system ...is it profitable ?

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

i think few has really undertood the strategy and i am not one of them . Can anyone please explain how this is done with a clear detailed example that is if somebody wants to help us........trhanks in advance.

and thanks to LEEB for the EA. I WILL GIVE IT A SHOT.

I BELIEVE THE orders will have to remain open until the total goes into profit on a breakout and then the Ea MUST CLOSE all orders and then start again witha new series.

I don't know whether the lot opening has to be same size all the time or progression.

Waiting to hear from someone.

Rules

leeb:
I have coded an EA for this strategy

Thanks Leeb. The rules are updated in post 1.

thanks for the update

Auto

This is a new holy grail?

Whats the entry rules and exit rules for trades.

You have told us how to pyramid so far ....ie greater reward with greater risk

OILFXPRO

Test,test,test

teldon:
I BELIEVE THE orders will have to remain open until the total goes into profit on a breakout and then the Ea MUST CLOSE all orders and then start again witha new series.I don't know whether the lot opening has to be same size all the time or progression.Waiting to hear from someone.

I have given general guidelines - no headaches with indicators in this strategy - which are subjective anyway.

You can use same lot or increasing lot .. this will decide how far the price has to move to come to your profit target.

I suggest you use excel and play with the numbers .. pip space, stoploss, tgt .. and decide what combo is good for choppy , breaks etc.

my fav is - i look for news/breaks and use 200 pips stop, 5 pip spacing, increasing lot .. if price turns around, i keep adding till i get net profit. And i choose volatile pairs.

Many decisions are discretionary - that'll decide your mileage.

if you trade in demos - you will soon get the hang of it. manual is just fine for start.

How can one not make $$ in a pair which moves 150-300 pips a day, as long as you don't want to be RIGHT every time. Think about it!

regards.

Ya.....somebody can give the real figure of the examples...?

Reason: