Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) - page 8

diiib:
can mt4 import data from excel (or from text file)? It seems difficult for me,can someone help me? thanks!

Not from native XLS, MT4 supports ASCII (CSV, PRN and TXT)

Take a look at History Center to find more info.

Or go to :

1-Userguide (with F1)

2-Open Tols

3-Select History Center

Spreasheet Request

Greetings, can anyone post a simple Excel spreadsheet that I could use to keep track of pips won/lost on multiple pairs, with a sum total at the bottom? Such as column 1 would be EUR/USD, column 2 would be GBP/USD, etc. and I would just enter the number of pips won/lost for the day and the running total would be at the bottom?

I'm just not good with spreadsheets at all but would sure like to have this, if anyone could put it together.

Thank you in advance.

Results Spreadsheet

Dreamliner:
Greetings, can anyone post a simple Excel spreadsheet that I could use to keep track of pips won/lost on multiple pairs, with a sum total at the bottom? Such as column 1 would be EUR/USD, column 2 would be GBP/USD, etc. and I would just enter the number of pips won/lost for the day and the running total would be at the bottom?

I'm just not good with spreadsheets at all but would sure like to have this, if anyone could put it together.

Thank you in advance.

Here's a spreadsheet that I developed a while back for doing the same thing. It is everything you want plus many more handy features. Any questions just let me know.

Cheers,

Hiachiever

Files:

Not excel only.

Well, Excel is a damn good application from Microsoft Office.

But how much cost? near 600 USD.

Don't worry almost every spreadsheet made with excel and for excel could run with other very good products as Open Office or Star Office, just to mention two. Both have none cost. Open Office is a free project and Star Office is free now thanks to Google.

This picture is from StarCalc running a spreadsheet with DDE embedded.

Files:
ddestar.jpg  171 kb

Just found one website with a lot of everything for excel Index of /Excel

TA_LIB TA_SAR on excel

Hi,

I've been trying to get the parabolic sar to work using TA_LIB.

It always returns an N/A for the first range of prices (Lows) so does not work. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Controlling exporting info from MT4 into Excel

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. Through this terrific forum I have managed to export some information from MT4 into excel. However, I can't find how to export specific data - for example I would like the Highs, Lows and Closes for different time periods to autocalculate pivots. It's the specifying time frame I can't find.

Once it's sorted if anyone's interested I'll happily post my spreadsheet which has conditionally formatted cells which change colour as key levels approach - probably very simple for you all!

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Dave

Files:

EA Performance Stats on Excel

With all of the conversation on backtesting and forward testing has anyone put together an Excel spreadsheet that compares new, forward trades with older ones or backtest results to determine if the new trades are falling within reasonable bounds? We have a fair amount of backtest results and a few weeks of forward testing that seems to match but, how can we measure how accurate these new results are compared to the others?

Thanks for any help or direction

DeadEye96

Reason: