Heiken ashi method. 350% + returns - page 2

jbfx:
I like your descriptions. I especially like the fundamental aspects, although sometimes that can go awry because they you have to take into account the reason the interest rates are lowered or risen (ie economy strength). But it looks good, too bad it is not the real account, as you know, all the demons come out and play when it is the real thing. Looking forward to your journal posts. I've known a lot of trader who got rich trading the long term swing, that's what paid for their houses, they only play the short term for fun and boredom.

Well that's true, /i really don't know much about the fundamentals except the basics.But i keep my self aware of these things , and if the market reacts to it in a big way then /i can take this to be a cause for moving the market.

My hypothesis at the time was that the carry trade was done and a down trend had begun. i first observed this in the summer with the credit crisis and now , as the charts will indicate a a reversal of the carry trade seems to be in place.Big moves are where the pips are. I get lot of satisfaction from gaining so many pips.Some of these trades have gained 2000 pips , maybe not as much money but definately more pips.The trades whee i invested more had less pips risked and more pips gained though.

my goal is to take this account to a prop firm or an investor to trade a live account with this methodology. I've already burned my capital and shall'nt get any for a while.

Usd/jpy

This particular pair saw the trades with my smallest and biggest position size.I placed the first trade as more of a test

Once i was confident a retracement was over i placed a large bet , but found a point where volatility was so low i risked only 10 pips.

I actually thought the second trade might not work because of teh size , but it was pefect for the situation.

Both trades share the same stop loss which moves manually with price.

The second chart shows how I would have entered a position at this point of time . I see volatility is contracting and place a stop loss. (blue line ) and then take a market or limit order to sell to go with the longer trend.

Files:
usdjpy.gif  70 kb
usdjpy1.gif  56 kb

Gbp/chf

I took many trades on this pair.I should have held some that i closed but no point crying over spilt milk.

Initially took the trade because I saw congestion and a down tend, at this time I was trading a real account adn this trade was just practice.I went bust and saw the trend developing and took more and more trades with the same principle riding the wasve of the tend.

As you can see with teh indicators and the chart formations, it is easy to block out noise adn find a trend

Files:
gbpchf_2.gif  66 kb

gbp/jpy

I have been watching this pair for a while and it has great volatiltiy so risk management and trends are essential. I have market tick marks to show a head and shoulders formation

In the same tangent I think AUD/USD ,GBP/USD and EUR/JPY need paying attention to.

Files:
gbpjpy_9.gif  61 kb

MP -- youre trading

HEY

from what ive seen and read, your method is essentially "quantative analysis" which I call "real time trading", as it takes into consideration the "realities" of the market.

allow me to put forth one suggestion, in constant use by "professionals" and that is while using the bols, ALSO USE THE LINEAR REGRESSION CHANNELS and/or the DeMark channel. (LRC is my favorite)

FIRST, they define trends like nothing else, identifying breakdowns and breakouts with tremendous accuracy and completely visually, they will show you the up and downside moves with clarity beyond even what bols can do and are the simplest things in the wold to do !

throw in a good support and resistance indicator and you become unbeatable.

btw, if you really want to increase that account, make ONE trade with a few hundred lots and watch the account grow ! (ok, but only PARTIALLY tongue in cheek because I stand witness to the fact it can be done, but my golly can the drawdowns be scary !)

you dont have to believe what I say, but the information comes from trading a few real accounts professionally (yes, I get paid to do it) while trading my own NYS registered financial corporation)

Just put the channels on a chart and see what you get ---- If you do better at trading aint no skin off my nose !

enjoy and trade well

mp

enjoy and trade well

Eur?chf

eur/chf looked good for a possible head and shoulders reversal

Files:
eurchf1.gif  61 kb

ADD positions??

I wanted to know what everyone thought about adding new positions in other pairs?I see oppurtunities in other pairs namely USD/CHF,USD/JPY again ,EUR/JPY GBP/USD and maybe AUD/USD.I would not trade all these pairs at once and some seem more ready fo action than others.

What would be the best way to go about this.Should I close all positions and start new positions? Though I feel my current positions are good and have more juice in them.

Perhaps I can unload and open a new one for each pair when the oppurtunity arises.or unload some of the lots in each pair and keep the largest

I also wanted to clear something about the margin.Now the margin is how much we have toput down to get leverage right?For most brokers it's 1% with 100:1 leveraging which is what I am using.

But what is free margin?? is this extra margin you get from your profits. i've knoticed that the margin + free margin = equity. and equity=P/L + balance deposit.So does this mean I can take on trades based on the fact I have an open 220-250 grand.That could possibly mean i can keep my current positions.Does any one have an answer for this one or suggestions?

mp6140:
HEY

from what ive seen and read, your method is essentially "quantative analysis" which I call "real time trading", as it takes into consideration the "realities" of the market.

allow me to put forth one suggestion, in constant use by "professionals" and that is while using the bols, ALSO USE THE LINEAR REGRESSION CHANNELS and/or the DeMark channel. (LRC is my favorite)

FIRST, they define trends like nothing else, identifying breakdowns and breakouts with tremendous accuracy and completely visually, they will show you the up and downside moves with clarity beyond even what bols can do and are the simplest things in the wold to do !

throw in a good support and resistance indicator and you become unbeatable.

btw, if you really want to increase that account, make ONE trade with a few hundred lots and watch the account grow ! (ok, but only PARTIALLY tongue in cheek because I stand witness to the fact it can be done, but my golly can the drawdowns be scary !)

you dont have to believe what I say, but the information comes from trading a few real accounts professionally (yes, I get paid to do it) while trading my own NYS registered financial corporation)

Just put the channels on a chart and see what you get ---- If you do better at trading aint no skin off my nose !

enjoy and trade well

mp

enjoy and trade well

I though quantative analysis was more mathematically orientated.But I like what you meant by taking the market's current reality which is exactly what I feel I am doing.I will look into linear reggression channels.

Here is the latest P/L . I have booked some profits , by selling smaller positions, and adding new positions.

Booked P/L almost 72,000, open profit about 100,000. I have taken new positions in USD/CHF, EUR/JPY ,EUR/CHF,USD/CHF,GBP/CHF

Files:
jan6.gif  6 kb
jan6.htm  28 kb

"quant" is an "all over, tops down" look at a currency utilizing computer modeling (which is really just super dooper indicator usage) and present day information !

just another high falootin term applied to what people generally do anyhow, kinda like how the press now uses the terms "black ice" and "lake effect snow".

"black ice" was introduced to the US by Ian Fleming in his James Bond books, and never used in the US until recently and "lake effect snow" happens in only 5 places in the world, but is now used by tv media for just about any cold wind anywhere, even if there is NO lake --- check it out !

Life goes on at the pace of media, and that includes the financial media as well.

enjoy and trade well

theres a ton of fun out there, and the money aint bad either !

mp

vin:
I though quantative analysis was more mathematically orientated.But I like what you meant by taking the market's current reality which is exactly what I feel I am doing.I will look into linear reggression channels.
Reason: