OILFXPRO HMA scalper - page 3

imatache:
Personally I don't understand why this is so profitable. This indicator gives plenty of fake signals, i.e. a lot of instances when the 8.0 value is reached and yet no significant market movements. Or, when the 8.0 threshold is reached, that's when the reversal comes in, so when you actually enter long there, that's when you start losing money.

Care to explain why this is so profitable and perhaps show some printscreens with entry points highlighted?

Thank you.

Imatache

This HMA is new to us and we are finding better settings .As you pointed out 8 is sometimes late.Last night we looked at 4 for scalping ,and it looks attractive.I am waiting for a good expert advisor before we can make final conclusions

The other factor that will influence the trades dramatically is trade time.If we trade between 6 am and 16.00 hours ,the results are likely to be better.Again we won't know the optimum trading time until a good EA arrives

OILFXPRO

Hi folks

The coder has declined to make this EA without manual testing .Manual testing is a very lengthy job , it may take days to provide manual tests.

If somebody else is prepared to write a fully working EA ,please let us know.An EA can take 2 hours.

OILFXPRO

oilfxpro:
Hi folks

The coder has declined to make this EA without manual testing .Manual testing is a very lengthy job , it may take days to provide manual tests.

If somebody else is prepared to write a fully working EA ,please let us know.An EA can take 2 hours.

OILFXPRO

In my opinion, any programmer who starts writing code before being provided with a results from a manual test really does need their heads examining.

There are well documented problems with the MT back tester, so at some point, anyone whose at all serious about system design is going to have to undertake a serious amount of manual back testing to generate a series of test cases they can later use to verify that the EA is working correctly.

Clearly, those who give this problem more than two minutes of casual thought will realize that they might as well do these tests first, and if it turns out the strategy has no potential, then they've just saved themselves the time, effort and possible expense of writing useless code.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a particular chosen text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

The same applies to EA development, but thankfully there are more efficient solutions.

zupcon:
In my opinion, any programmer who starts writing code before being provided with a results from a manual test really does need their heads examining.

There are well documented problems with the MT back tester, so at some point, anyone whose at all serious about system design is going to have to undertake a serious amount of manual back testing to generate a series of test cases they can later use to verify that the EA is working correctly.

Clearly, those who give this problem more than two minutes of casual thought will realize that they might as well do these tests first, and if it turns out the strategy has no potential, then they've just saved themselves the time, effort and possible expense of writing useless code.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a particular chosen text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

The same applies to EA development, but thankfully there are more efficient solutions.

Zupcon

several (not just one)of my highly profitable EAS are result of EAS which were failures for the orignal idea.Backtests and forward tests provided proof.

Of the thousands of wells drilled and mines mined ,only a handful had reserves of oil and gold

Oilfxpro

oilfxpro:
Zupcon

Of the thousands of wells drilled and mines mined ,only a handful had reserves of oil and gold

Oilfxpro

It's just as well that you're not involved in the mining or oil exploration business. Using your patented "El Cid's infinite monkey methodology" you'd no doubt have an army of volunteers running around randomly digging holes in the ground in the hope you find something of value.

A far more sensible approach to randomly digging holes is perhaps to consult a geologists, and get some satellite imaging organized

If you where given the opportunity to dig a hole for the share of the gold, would you be inclined to dig a hole for El Cid, because as he quite correctly states, if you dig enough holes, eventually we'll find something. Or would you be more inclined to listen to the guy with the geographical surveys and satellite imagery ? I know which one my moneys on.

Its the same situation for programmers, do you code the latest in a very long line of El Cid's EA's, knowing there's a 0.0000000000001% chance of it providing you with anything worthwhile (given that its generally a failed idea lifted from elsewhere and renamed), or do you put your efforts into something sensible.

zupcon:
It's just as well that you're not involved in the mining or oil exploration business. Using your patented "El Cid's infinite monkey methodology" you'd no doubt have an army of volunteers running around randomly digging holes in the ground in the hope you find something of value.

A far more sensible approach to randomly digging holes is perhaps to consult a geologists, and get some satellite imaging organized

If you where given the opportunity to dig a hole for the share of the gold, would you be inclined to dig a hole for El Cid, because as he quite correctly states, if you dig enough holes, eventually we'll find something. Or would you be more inclined to listen to the guy with the geographical surveys and satellite imagery ? I know which one my moneys on.

Its the same situation for programmers, do you code the latest in a very long line of El Cid's EA's, knowing there's a 0.0000000000001% chance of it providing you with anything worthwhile (given that its generally a failed idea lifted from elsewhere and renamed), or do you put your efforts into something sensible.

That is rubbish

Before you write EAS for oilfxpro,there is good probability of a good EA out of it.Your opinions just confirm why you run $200 accounts and trade mainly demo

A HMA expert advisor was made for me ,it showed very good promise.

Unfotunately it was a hack job and it does not work

There is higher probability of a profitable EA out of writing an EA for OILFXPRO ,than there is of any support of positive contribution from the scammer elite of this forum or the 95% club RUNNING $200 ACCOUNTS

OILFXPRO

Zupcon

The main reason why EAS for my orignal idea never worked ,was the hack quality of coders .

If the coders had done the job properly in a professional manner, the orignal idea EA works

OILFXPRO

oilfxpro:
That is rubbish

Before you write EAS for oilfxpro,there is good probability of a good EA out of it.Your opinions just confirm why you run $200 accounts and trade mainly demo

A HMA expert advisor was made for me ,it showed very good promise.

Unfotunately it was a hack job and it does not work

There is higher probability of a profitable EA out of writing an EA for OILFXPRO ,than there is of any support of positive contribution from the scammer elite of this forum or the 95% club RUNNING $200 ACCOUNTS

OILFXPRO

Another classic example of El Ci's complete lack of analysis and rational thought.

How do you know the size of the account I trade ?, how do you know if I even trade at all ?.

How do you know strategies I'm allegedly demo trading ?. We know that you demo trade, because you've quite clearly stated on other forums that you don't as yet trade your EA's live, but plan to do so in early 2008. A very wise decision !

OILFXPRO oil breakout system - Page 2 - T2W Trading Forums

Your comments regarding your EA being a hack job are an absolute classic example of why its extremely hard to take you seriously. You claim its a hack job. How exactly do you know if its a hack job ?. You have openly admitted that you are not a coder, and as such, you are unqualified to determine if the EA is a hack job or not.

Secondly, in earlier posts you claim an EA can be written in 2 hours, if that isn't inviting someone to provide a quick hack job, then I really don't know what is.

Thirdly, how do you actually know that the EA isn't working correctly, you have absolutely no specification or manual test cases to evaluate against. It may not be profitable, but that doesn't mean that it " does not work".

I'm not really sure who your referring to as the "scammer elite", I assume that you are referring to the likes of Steintz who openly solicit, rather than those who attempt to scam by stealth.

I would expect that the probability of someone such as Steintz making a valuable positive contribution to your thread to be about the same as the probability of developing a profitable trading strategy using the "infinite monkey development methodology".

zupcon:
Another classic example of El Ci's complete lack of analysis and rational thought.

How do you know the size of the account I trade ?, how do you know if I even trade at all ?.

How do you know strategies I'm allegedly demo trading ?. We know that you demo trade, because you've quite clearly stated on other forums that you don't as yet trade your EA's live, but plan to do so in early 2008. A very wise decision !

OILFXPRO oil breakout system - Page 2 - T2W Trading Forums

Your comments regarding your EA being a hack job are an absolute classic example of why its extremely hard to take you seriously. You claim its a hack job. How exactly do you know if its a hack job ?. You have openly admitted that you are not a coder, and as such, you are unqualified to determine if the EA is a hack job or not.

Secondly, in earlier posts you claim an EA can be written in 2 hours, if that isn't inviting someone to provide a quick hack job, then I really don't know what is.

Thirdly, how do you actually know that the EA isn't working correctly, you have absolutely no specification or manual test cases to evaluate against. It may not be profitable, but that doesn't mean that it " does not work".

I'm not really sure who your referring to as the "scammer elite", I assume that you are referring to the likes of Steintz who openly solicit, rather than those who attempt to scam by stealth.

I would expect that the probability of someone such as Steintz making a valuable positive contribution to your thread to be about the same as the probability of developing a profitable trading strategy using the "infinite monkey development methodology".

I am not going to comment any further because I do not want to kill this thread ...............Thats really the only reason.

Please let us move on to the development of this E A and some positive contribution

OILFXPRO

oilfxpro:
I am not going to comment any further because I do not want to kill this thread ...............Thats really the only reason.

Please let us move on to the development of this E A and some positive contribution

OILFXPRO

ok...this is the equity graf from my real account using oilfxpro strategy

micro ofcourse

Files:
Reason: