Larry Williams Greatest Indicators - page 3

easy_man:
Anybody know where I can find Williams' Accumulation/Distribution

Check here Accumulation/Distribution, A/D - MQL4 Code Base

sunwest:
Hello prasxz,

No I am starting this strategy to test it out as I just really liked the idea when I read it and it makes sense to use it as signal confirmation, stoploss and take profit level.

Hello fxbs,

Attached is a screenshot GPB/USD Daily to visualise what it should look like.

In the Main Window you can see the Part of the candle that are taken into account to calculate the average GSV (Greatest Swing value).

The bottom indicator (GSV-V1) shows that:

- the average GSV (green) for short candle at present is 35

- the average GSV (red) for long candle at present is 32

Now what does it mean:

=> On average for a short candle the price will only go up by 35 pips from Open before changing direction and go/close down.

=> On average for a long candle the price will only go down by 32 pips from Open before changing direction and go/close up.

1) Signal example

So lets say the Open of todays candle is at 2.0170 and I want to buy or sell at 1.8 of GSV.

=> Short GSV= 35*1.8 = 63

=> Long GSV = 32 *1.8 = 58

I will now place a Buy at 2.0170+0.0058 = 2.0228

and a Sell at 2.0170-0.0063 = 2.0107

2) Stop Loss example

Lets say one of my signal ask me to buy or sell

==> If I buy at Open at 2.0170 I ll place my stoploss at 1.5 GSV = 32*1.5 =48 => 2.0170-0.0048=2.0122

==> If I Sell at Open at 2.0170 I ll place my stoploss at 1.5 GSV = 35*1.5 =53=> 2.0170+0.0053 = 2.0223

3) Take Profit example

Now lets say that you buy or sell at Open of a candle from any of your signal, you could set a first level of take profit at 0.75 of GSV to ensure that even if it swing back you took a bit chunk of it.

=> 2.0170 buy 1st take profit will be 0.75*32 = 24 pip = 2.0184

=> 2.0170 sell 1st take profit will be 0.75*32 = 26 pip = 2.0144

Now those examples are just suggestions for D1, but this could be also use 1H/4H and even W1.

This can be a system in itself of price action but it can also be combined with other simple signal to find TP, Stop loss etc...

My goal now is to enhance this indicator, maybe do a version on the main chart with Buy/Sell, TP and stop loss lines/level. Then we might integrate this into an EA to develop it further.

Sunwest

I think, according to the book red lines should be guide for shorting and green lines should be for buying. If price goes below more than usual its a sell signal. Am I wrong??

Larry Williams Will-Trend Indicator

Hello everyone... I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to make Larry Williams Will-Trend Indicator. I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet and I don't have the programming knowledge to make it myself...

Here are the conditions that make up Will-Trend as described in Larry Williams Million Dollar Challenge under his Triple Trend System.

I have tried many approaches to determining the long term trend for short term trading. We've used RSI, ala the R-N-R system, MACD from my old buddy Gerry Appel. The simplest and most mechanical is Will-Trend using 66 bars at 3.2. This means we take the average of the last 66 bars multiply that by 3.2 and add/subtract from the highest/lowest mid point seen so far in the move. This acts as an ultimate stop as well as telling is when price closes above this line the trend is up and we want to buy pull backs, a close below means to look for sells on short term rallies.

If anything could make the indicator based on the info provided here which seemed very vague to me...it would be greatly appreciated

Coding Larry Williams Idea into an Indicator:

I found this idea on another forum.

Please code this idea into MT4 indicator as i do not understand MQL4 despite my trying.

The idea for weekly and daily bars is (May be applicable to all TFs)

Sellers=High-Close

Buyers=High-Open

1. Sellers/Buyers may be indicated as percentage of whole bar length that is High-low of the bar.

2. Same data may be shown against last 20 bars against each bar in the mathmatical form.

3. the indicator should also average out buyers and sellers of last 20 bars over the last lowest low and higest high of last 20 bars as a percentage of of 20 bar total range.

4. The number of bars should remain variable so that can be adjusted by individual trader as per his own needs.

5. The indicator may please be developed in indicator form in the lower pan or may be developed in mathmatically form with price.

6. Any developmental idea will be appreciated

Thanks and help will be highly appreciated.

This is not my idea and is basically been taken from Larry Williams book, Long Term Secrets to Short Term Trading.

This is a great idea and will help every one trading any market and will help in many price action trading ideas.

Please help with idea and make it open for everyone to use with professional usage ideas of Larry Williams.

Programmer wanted for MT4 indicator

I'm looking for someone interested in coding Larry Williams's "WillGo" indicator. (this not spam) You can get all info at his website:

(I can't post websites as I haven't posted enough)

google it go to WillGo

Cheers

CB

cloud bank:
I'm looking for someone interested in coding Larry Williams's "WillGo" indicator. (this not spam) You can get all info at his website:

google it go to WillGo

Cheers

CB

May be you should post in the other section

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

there are many programmers willing to code there for some money.

-guyver

stockscans.com can write a scan for you. I use it for my scans and there is not a scan they cant do. great price too. good luck!

cloud bank:

google it go to WillGo

Cheers

CB

Here is the Larry Williams COT Proxy Index... used to emulate the Commitments of Traders report. Anyone using it?

Visit my blog for more examples.

Uncle Ti 88

----

I trade using simple moving average and Commitments of Traders Proxy (COT Proxy) + some other special ingredients that Colonel Sanders will be proud of.

Share?

Hi,

would you mind sharing the Cot Proxy - larry williams indicator for metatrader? Thank you in advance!

Reason: