Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 43

I do not know this default settings ... I am not using default settings.

My settings were posted on the thread may be few pages back.

mladen:

Please, do test it before using it (one of the things changed is that it does behave the same way in tests as in "live" trade) and since testing is on closed bars only, differences should not be too big (with obligatory addition : "but the future no one can guarantee, and back test is not the same as forward test or live trade...")

Hi Mladen,

in the thread you explained that the ea is taking is decision on different time frame.

My question is: how can you backtest an ea that is using multiple timeframes to make its decisions? As far as I know, MT4 tester can only test using the timeframe selected.

One last thing (maybe ND can unswer this one): witch version of electra is connected to RAS?

Rob

I connected 1.14 with RAS.

As I know mladen is developing more versions so I am waiting to connect last or final one.

cr_redfox:
Hi, Sorry but the post you linked does not provide any clarification of the cause of the error...it's just someone else saying they got the error on all accounts except 100K. By clarification of the error I mean something that EXPLAINS the problem, and leads to resolution of the problem. At the moment it does not do that.

Well. I said, this post and next ones.

From post 106 to 109 it's everything explained.

mladen made some post about a few 3 pages back or on this link

Besides thread search feature with only one word: SAFELY, shows 7 posts where the problem is explained.

Which Direction?

Can someone explain to me what indicator or combination of indicators determines the buy/sell decision.

I seem to have about 7 trades running at the moment, most are in negative territory and against the H4 trend?

Also is there an indicator to determine the Daily ATR as calculated by this EA?

Thanks,

Kollas

Hi,

I would like to monitor the performance of this EA on weekly basis. I believe it is no longer tracked on weekly basis as it has been tracked in the signal rental website.

But i could not find Electra in the signal website. Could someone point me to the actual name being used in the rental signal website ? It could be called by different name which i am not aware of.

Much appreciated.

Rgds

KL

All the statements (+ and excel performance files + Metatrader's statements) are updated weekly as usually in elite section. It does not depends on any RAS.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

RAS is just additional options.

As to RAS so this EA is on ID 184 http://www.rentasignal.com/signal/view/184

By the way I will start to test new version with RAS soon.

Sorry for late response...

There are two types of multi time frame indicators and EAs usage :

Using the open bar or the closed bar

For details need to explain more on how metatrader tester works (as far as I concluded and what I know about it)

You can call an indicator with timeFrame set to "something". If that "something" equals to back tested time frame, metatrader "pretends" that it is not an "other" time frame call and uses whatever prices it generates in its testing (they say that it is a kind of genetic algorithm that is used to fill in the missing data for, for example, 1 minute time frame, or whatever the most complete time frame is - by metatrader decision) If that "something" differs from the tested time frame, then data from the history folder is used.

And there is the trap. Open bar multi time frame testing "knows the future" since those are bars without "simulated current" prices. If you use closed bars in testing, then you avoide that trap and you can test as much as you want - there is no "peeking into the future". Electra uses closed bars, so freely test as much as you want. Assuming that statistically the past will more or less repeat itself, you can expect similar results in future. But that is just an assumption which no one can guarantee

Now one more thing about EAs and the way they should be built : I am not going to tell you my opinion (even though from some of my posts it is clear what I think of open bar MTF EAs for example) but opinion from tradestation stuff published in their STAD series : there is not a single EA those people made on open bar - any kind of EA. In tradestation systems the technique differs in a manner that trades are opened on NEXT bar when conditions are met. The best we can do to do the same is to check conditions on a closed bar only

So, in the opinion of true processionals (I think that those people with 10-15 years of experience in building EAs can be called that) there is no such thing as an "open bar" EA

The basic idea of Electra is not altered. What was changed in order to make back tests possible is the way global variables are treated and it enables to back test this EA in environment as similar to real time as possible. The basic difference compared to real time is that there is no tick data and that "price action" can not be reconstructed for the current bar with 100% accuracy. But since the decisions are made based on closed bars (so no alteration to real time at all) and only closing and partial closing is done on opened bar, there is no error.

You might ask: how, when it closes on open bar? Having high, low, open and close, it is clear that at whatever "simulated" second of back test the closing price in the range of real high-low is simulated the only difference is the second it would be made in real trading and not if it would be made (because it would be) Electra closes/partially closes when the price reaches opened price +- range defined in parameters (calculated on closed bar too - any range calculating that would take into account current bar is simply meaningless - just think of a current bar just opened with range 0 and what would it do to the range itself)

Hope this clarifies the back test showing

There is no deviation nor cheating of an EA that takes decisions on a closed bar. Opposite to the "no open bar" rule, some opened bar MTF EAs (as a special case of EAs) exist and some of them are even good, but their back tests are worthless, and those back tests can be used solely to scam.

regards

mladen

aurigafx:
Hi Mladen,

in the thread you explained that the ea is taking is decision on different time frame.

My question is: how can you backtest an ea that is using multiple timeframes to make its decisions? As far as I know, MT4 tester can only test using the timeframe selected.

One last thing (maybe ND can unswer this one): witch version of electra is connected to RAS?

Rob

newdigital:
All the statements (+ and excel performance files + Metatrader's statements) are updated weekly as usually in elite section. It does not depends on any RAS.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

RAS is just additional options.

As to RAS so this EA is on ID 184 http://www.rentasignal.com/signal/view/184

By the way I will start to test new version with RAS soon.

thanks. by the way, i tried to to get a link to 184 and my access was denied. i thot i am already an elite members. could you rectify the RAS access .

thank you

To see elite section EAs with RAS so you should write your forex tsd login and password. Look at this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179147

Go to 'My Account' and than 'Edit' and write it.

Reason: