Manual systems discussion - page 5

Sadly:
Here's a really strange thing: I loaded MetaTrader onto another machine, added both the HMA and HMA Russian Color indicators to the indicator folder, ran MetaTrader and added the indicators to the chart. Guess what! Absolutely nothing happened!!!! This, even after downloading both HMA and HMA Russiabn Color AGAIN from the forum. So, what is it about these indicators that work on previous versions of MetaTrader yet do not display anything at all (yet have updated values in the data window) on version 4 build 205?? Makes me kinda worried 'cos perhaps one day this will happen again ... Igorad:- What was wrong with the code and are you saying that this is the reason why it does not now work?

Really, with new build of MT we have strange things .

I've found a bug in multiplication:

- It does not work

double v1 = 2*WMA(x, MathFloor(0.5*period));

vect[x] = v1 - WMA(x, period);

- but it works

double v1 = WMA(x, MathFloor(0.5*period));

vect[x] = 2*v1 - WMA(x, period);

Files:

igorad:
Really, with new build of MT we have strange things .

I've found a bug in multiplication:

- It does not work

double v1 = 2*WMA(x, MathFloor(0.5*period));

vect[x] = v1 - WMA(x, period);

- but it works

double v1 = WMA(x, MathFloor(0.5*period));

vect[x] = 2*v1 - WMA(x, period);

Yes, this problem was discussed on MT yahoo group. Also, another indicators does not work or work with bugs.

Thanks for taking time to answer guys and many thanks for the HMA Russian update igorad. I expect that MetaTrader folks have knowledge of the bug and that we can all expect another 'live update' real soon now, eh? LOL!

multiply bug in MT4 build 205

This 2*SomeFunction might cause another unexpected problem. Some indicators and Experts I have written have the applied price mode options included. For weighted price I use 2 * iClose(NULL, 0, shift) in the formula. I have not tested this yet because I have not upgraded to build 205.

Robert

Can Igorad or someone else fix this indicator?

Can you fix this Trend Envelopes indicator so the arrow doesn't come on H4 then go away then come back?

Remove some buffer thing so it just signals the trend and sticks with it?Instead of recalculating and taking signal away only to give it back at worse price?

Thanks

Files:

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
Can you fix this Trend Envelopes indicator so the arrow doesn't come on H4 then go away then come back?

Remove some buffer thing so it just signals the trend and sticks with it?Instead of recalculating and taking signal away only to give it back at worse price?

Thanks

It should be more improved version. Check this post for the links https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176023

Thanks man is the trend envelopes v1 in that any different or is it just using it in combo with the other things?

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
Thanks man is the trend envelopes v1 in that any different or is it just using it in combo with the other things?

It is TrendEnvelopes_v1.1 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174793/page3

It shiould be improved but I did not use this indicator in my trades so you may try.

Yeh its the same indicator nothing different just sound alerts they just made other indicators to use it with it finds trends pretty good ive found but of course its not magic.

Manual systems discussion

Guys, I've been playing with Heiken Ashi indicator (MT4 standard) lately. I've looked inside the code (mq4), but couldn't figured out how to distinguish between Buy (white candle) and Sell (red candle), so that I could put an Alert function into the code.

So, does anyone have Heiken Ashi Alert Indicator (mq4)? Or maybe someone can help me to distinguish Buy/Sell signal inside the script.

Thanks guys.

Reason: