Is $150 too much for writing a program? - page 3

HI

Sorry to hear

Regards

jimven:
Thinking as a potential programmer, I think the risk you take is that you will get blamed for an EA that loses money when the person contracting you to write it can't see that his ideas don't work! It's basic human nature to push responsibility off on someone else instead of shouldering it yourself.

So I always use my own ideas and write my own programs. If they don't work, I've only got myself to blame and I can continually work to improve my system if I don't get frustrated and give up first. I've been at it (programming EA's) for maybe five years, but I don't yet have a winner. Still, I haven't given up!

People underestimate the effort needed for this task!

Amen Jim! That's really what drove me to investing in the forex market... I was sick of busting my tail harder than everyone else at work and still getting the same pay, but with investing with my own programs, I get all the profit, and if my strategy is a losing strategy, it's my own fault, not "the man" holding me down.

Your on the right track Jim, don't give up, and remember like you said, "People underestimate the effort needed for this task!" It's paying off now for me, and I'm glad I put the time in to learn.

el cid:
HI

Sorry to hear

Regards

My current project is currently being forward tested (live demo) and seems very promising, so that is my focus at the moment. But I have printed out your strategy for either future reference or when time allows further study and possible implementation as an EA. I don't know what timezone you're referring to when you want to open trades at 8 am or what time you mean in reference to E.O.D. If I were getting started on this, those would be my first questions.

Thanks.

jlpi:
Personaly I do coding for many people and $150 is not much.

I would say it is a normal price for a medium complicated EA.

Super simple can be $50 and more complicated $300 or even $500 depending on what is required

Jlpi

Some of my indicators cost more than $1,000 , no wonder 99% of expert advisors don't work properly or are useless

Unless you are writing a pile of xxxx ,good experts will not be cheap

fx-indicators

There is a good tutorial on this site from codersguru. My advice is don't pay. Go through the lessons and learn to make your own indicators and EA's. Thats what I did. Thanks to codersguru!

jturns23:
There is a good tutorial on this site from codersguru. My advice is don't pay. Go through the lessons and learn to make your own indicators and EA's. Thats what I did. Thanks to codersguru!

There is a difference between a professional coder and a person who codes ,and you will probably never know the difference

fx-indicators

fx-indicators:
There is a difference between a professional coder and a person who codes ,and you will probably never know the difference fx-indicators

FX-Indicators, please stop following me and every post I make. Quit riding my ass and grow up. You bring nothing but negativity to this forum and you should be banned for it. I have done nothing to you, but you insist on calling me out. You have been a member of this forum for less than a month yet you insist on starting fights. Look at this post: https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/5346-the-trendstuffer-system-easy-trend-prediction-for-everyone

post #750. Your post made NO sense in relation to mine. I said the low DD's were good, and that trendstuffer should aim higher. You replied with telling me that if I looked at the weekly DD it would get lower DD's? You were indicating that I was complaining about the DD of this? This forum is for learning, you want to insult people, go to a yahoo chatroom and do it.

fx-indicators:
Jlpi

Some of my indicators cost more than $1,000 , no wonder 99% of expert advisors don't work properly or are useless

Unless you are writing a pile of xxxx ,good experts will not be cheap

fx-indicators

Totally agree. You really think a $49 EA will make you millions...dream on.

forexmoments:
Totally agree. You really think a $49 EA will make you millions...dream on.

Agreed and also all the really good Expert advisors will not be seen on public forums for free.

The threads get deleted (often by the owners) who didn't realise it, at first they were clueless about how good the E A is ,until some internet marketeer advised them

fx-indicators

In general - may be yes, agree.

In particular - do not agree.

Agreed and also all the really good Expert advisors will not be seen on public forums for free.

It is not a true.

Forums are different. There are very commercialized forums, and there are low commercialized forums. We are very low commercialized forum. It means that commercial sellers are not contributing to the forum in any way and the main sections on the forum are the public ones. And admins are deleting just commercial spam and scam.

The threads get deleted (often by the owners) who didn't realise it, at first they were clueless about how good the E A is ,until some internet marketeer advised them

In high commercialized forums - may be, I don't know.

In our forum - not.

If you are selling indicator for 1,000 dollars (for example) it means the following:

- your indicators were evaluated by well-known reputable people;

or

- you are very well-known reputable person with real address, telephone number and so on.

I just remember your other post here:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9721-mqlcoder-com-affordable-mql-programming-service#comment_291074

Most forum coders say goodbye after they got your money and start playing games

So, according to your opinion most our forum coders "will say goodbuy" and admins are just deleting good EAs and only good EAs/indicators we can find from you for 1,000 dollars? I am right? This is the war you started?

Reason: