Fatter Bar chart

I have found a few indicators to makle the wick of a candle thinker, but I'm looking for an indicator to make the bar chart lines thicker.

Thank you

Did you ever find one, cos my eyes are'nt too good theses days and I could do with it too. We must be experiencing the "Tom Williams" Syndrome.

looking for this too

no problem - HA mod

Files:
bars_cw.gif  12 kb
bars_cw.mq4  4 kb

... with doji

Files:
bars3c_cw.gif  13 kb
bars3c_cw.mq4  4 kb

fatter mt5

fxbs:
... with doji

Hi there

Hope you're well. You made this mt4 indicator for me that makes on the bar chart fatter bars. Could you perhaps make it into a mt5 file? I like using mt5 as the fibi numbers are displayed bigger.

Regards

Thought that it will be easy in metatrader 5 since it has a color candles type of drawing too (which did not exist in metatrader 4 at all), but ... Attaching the indicator for your own testing of what I am about to talk.

The thing is that it does not matter that width of the indicator I specify in colors properties it simply ignores it and draws the candles the same width as the built in candles. The same thing happens if I try it as color histogram - metatrader 5 simply does not allow "widening" the histogram as it was possible in metatrader 4.

spiritbreezer:
Hi there

Hope you're well. You made this mt4 indicator for me that makes on the bar chart fatter bars. Could you perhaps make it into a mt5 file? I like using mt5 as the fibi numbers are displayed bigger.

Regards
Files:
candles.mq5  3 kb

Coloured Blocks

mladen:
Thought that it will be easy in metatrader 5 since it has a color candles type of drawing too (which did not exist in metatrader 4 at all), but ... Attaching the indicator for your own testing of what I am about to talk. The thing is that it does not matter that width of the indicator I specify in colors properties it simply ignores it and draws the candles the same width as the built in candles. The same thing happens if I try it as color histogram - metatrader 5 simply does not allow "widening" the histogram as it was possible in metatrader 4.

Wow, thanx for doing it so quickly. I was still gonna ask for something else before somebody responded, lol

Could u perhaps make an indicator that "makes a rectangle". Say I want to test 3hr bars, but I want my hour to begin at 5am for start of first 3 hour, then it closes at end 7am.

The rectangle must just be filled in from the open of 5am to the close of 7 am, and then therefore the the 6am candle will also be in there.

I'm not don't want to use the wicks, only the open close. And simply if close is below open, I can specify a color, same as with opposite move.

I've attached screen shot, hope it makes sense.

Regards

Shaun

There is one problem with custom time alignment of objects. It works the same in metatrader 4 as well as in metatrader 5

A simple example : you want to set the time of a left border of a rectangle to 1:30 on a 1 hour chart. Well, you can not, since metatrader (both 4 and 5) will align it to a full hour on that one hour chart completely ignoring the ":30" part

Used the 30 minutes as an example, but in some cases and some charts, you will simply get objects drawn on a wrong places if you try to shift them and that may lead you to big mistakes

spiritbreezer:
Wow, thanx for doing it so quickly. I was still gonna ask for something else before somebody responded, lol

Could u perhaps make an indicator that "makes a rectangle". Say I want to test 3hr bars, but I want my hour to begin at 5am for start of first 3 hour, then it closes at end 7am.

The rectangle must just be filled in from the open of 5am to the close of 7 am, and then therefore the the 6am candle will also be in there.

I'm not don't want to use the wicks, only the open close. And simply if close is below open, I can specify a color, same as with opposite move.

I've attached screen shot, hope it makes sense.

Regards

Shaun

Fatter open and close?

Hello fxbs, mladen,

is it possible to have have a fatter open and close horizontal lines too?

thank you.

- zhao

Mladen Rakic:

Thought that it will be easy in metatrader 5 since it has a color candles type of drawing too (which did not exist in metatrader 4 at all), but ... Attaching the indicator for your own testing of what I am about to talk.

The thing is that it does not matter that width of the indicator I specify in colors properties it simply ignores it and draws the candles the same width as the built in candles. The same thing happens if I try it as color histogram - metatrader 5 simply does not allow "widening" the histogram as it was possible in metatrader 4.

Hi, can you help me know How do you activate this on mt5? already compile it, but I cant find the next step. thanl you!
Reason: