OddevenEA : Based on pure probability :) and luck....

I use my spare time on this weekend to make a "just-for-fun" EA.

Here is the idea:

EA will get value of CurTime() function, and if it is odd EA will open long position, and vice versa.

How about the result? Interesting! Please see backtesting result attached below. (Pair: USDJPY TF M5)

Have fun guys!

Attention: This EA is just for fun, don't use this "GAMBLING EA" on your live account

*UPDATE*

Latest Version is OddEven V0.06

on second thought...the RSI ruins the spirit of this EA...perhaps another esoteric relationship could be used to filter with...

ES

P.S. spread Kills!

RSI Added

ElectricSavant:
How about this?...I am back on the RSI gig...

What if the time says go short...ok go short...and if RSI agrees (below 50) double the TP?

This will keep the spirit of this EA and it random entries and all...but will try to find the edge with the TP value...What do you think?

I simply love this EA (maybe too much.... am I a gambler and not a trader?)

ES

P.S. If you want to add an additional indicator to agree with RSI go for it...or even better add a "bank of indicators" and add 10 pips to the TP for each indicator that agrees with the time entry...he he...could this be the Holy Grail?...hey don't laugh what if it worked?

P. P. S. Here is a perfect esoteric indicator to use: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Hello...

I'm glad that you love this EA and have some fun with it.

I try to add RSI filter here, if RSI above 50, and it is time to trade a long position, then EA will double the LOT traded, and vice versa.

You can see interesting result too... LOL

Maybe I will use VQ as a filter later, or anybody can build it for us?

You have provided a very enjoyable weekend for me...Thank You.

sometimes brilliance is in disguise...a diamond is dull in the ground™

ElectricSavant™

demam_emas:
Hello...

I'm glad that you love this EA and have some fun with it.

I try to add RSI filter here, if RSI above 50, and it is time to trade a long position, then EA will double the LOT traded, and vice versa.

You can see interesting result too... LOL

Maybe I will use VQ as a filter later, or anybody can build it for us?

hehe...a 35 pip SL and a 40 pip TP...then it waits and re-enters on an exit with the TP and SL based on what time it is...lol

This is fun! and what a slap in the face to technical traders...(spread makes random entries like this a negative expectancy however, unless a 51% winrate can be achived.)

ES

P.S. If it trades randomly like this and survives...could you fathom just a 1% edge?....with some additional routine to filter the time...lol...for example if the time says go short then wait for RSI to be below 50...This would be hilarious if it qualified as one of my live EA's. Thank You demmam emas.

How about this?...I am back on the RSI gig...

What if the time says go short...ok go short...and if RSI agrees (below 50) double the TP?

This will keep the spirit of this EA and it's random entries and all...but will try to find the edge with the TP value...What do you think?

I simply love this EA (maybe too much.... am I a gambler and not a trader?)

ES

P.S. If you want to add an additional indicator to agree with RSI go for it...or even better add a "bank of indicators" and add 10 pips to the TP for each indicator that agrees with the time entry...he he...could this be the Holy Grail?...hey don't laugh what if it worked?

P. P. S. Here is a perfect esoteric indicator to use: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

demam emas,

Can microlots be put in the "Lot" input ? (0.01)...also in the two input fields for MM ...can micros be used there also?

The market is not open and I am loading oddevenEAPlusRSI on eight pairs at IBFX to test on a 1K demo. I will use the ATR of the tested USD/JPY (2000 period of m5) as a base multiplier to adjust the TP's and the SL's with:

GBP/USD

EUR/CHF

AUD/CAD

NZD/JPY

GBP/CHF

AUD/JPY

NZD/USD

EUR/CAD

ES

P.S. I still get a good feeling when I load up a new Demo and test an EA out...Trading is still alive for me!

P.P.S. did you know what your handle is backwards? (plastic surgury has advanced by leaps and bounds )

Instead of doubling the lots we could use martingale if loss incurred....

Make it a true or false...I am not a fan of martingale...being that this is random...a mathematical progression could be counter productive...time and martingale have no relationship here...

ES

P.S. However a time filtercould be useful...shut this thing down just AFTER rollover and turn it on one hour before the London open...and no Friday entries after 10:00 AM (est)

P.P.S. The way I understand this... it is not necessarily stop and reverse...the time determines if it re-enters in the same direction or if it reverses....the filter only doubles in agreement....again if several filters increase this gambling probability or if RSI is enough then we have a good BlackJack system here!!! (shhhh...don't let the dealer kick us out and remember the eye in the sky)

DOMIANDR000:
Instead of doubling the lots we could use martingale if loss incurred....

I try to add timefilter with start trade and end trade time, but the result is dissapointing. I will not post it here .

ElectricSavant, you can put micro lot onLot, MinLot, and MaxLot field.

Good luck with your forward testing on IBFX demo account.

And I think martingale will destroy EA's Probability, so I will not put martingale right now, but maybe in the future... let's see how this EA developed

Reason: