EA request for profitable gbp/jpy system - page 9

Well, it sounds like we'll be moving to TrendStrength 1.1 for Qbot v0.4. I don't want to deal with any license/copyright/whatever crap. I'm thinking about always editing the first post to have the most updated stuff so people don't have to search through the whole thread for stuff. Also, in light of this copyright issue, I might take down any previously posted stuff once we've made the switch to the Igorad version of the indicator. Although I'm not the one distributing the QQE indicator, in this litigation-happy world I might still be "encouraging the use of" or whatever and I don't want to deal with that. Being the Igorad indicator is identical in function, we should switch before it's an issue.

-MRE-

mrebersv:
I...think I found an error, but I'll need someone else to confirm. My last two trades were sells. According to my trade history, the first was closed for a profit, but did not hit its take profit. The second one was opened immediately after the first and was closed when it hit it's take profit.... Has anyone else seen something like this? How about any other anomalous behavior?

Has anyone else running 0.3.2-EA seen any behavior like this, or is it specific to something that happened on my system? If you have seen it, can you tell me what platform you were using? I was using Alpari, so if it is related just to one platform, then I don't need to worry about it being a programming error. Let me know any information you can provide.

-MRE-

mrebersv:
Has anyone else running 0.3.2-EA seen any behavior like this, or is it specific to something that happened on my system? If you have seen it, can you tell me what platform you were using? I was using Alpari, so if it is related just to one platform, then I don't need to worry about it being a programming error. Let me know any information you can provide. -MRE-

I apologize I havent' been able to run these EAs since I have been traveling most the week I was not at my desktop pc. I will commence first thing next week.

No apologies necessary. I'm trying to track down if this error I noticed is a programming issue or elsewhere. I'll let people have the weekend to respond, but if nobody responds, I won't look any further into it unless I see this behavior again on my demo.

-MRE-

I am watching the Q on the 30 minute chart (that is the TF I loaded it on and I do not toggle those)...is that what I should be watching?

ES

You definitely need to be watching whatever chart you have the EA loaded onto. That chart will have the entry arrows and exit triangles. I usually have two charts open: 30min and 60min. Both have their respective QQE stuff on the bottom. That way, I can confirm that the EA acts as expected.

-MRE-

Just found about this EA today...downloaded the latest version and backtested it from Sept - now.. n looks promising.. hope to test it next weeks..

anyone who can and an alert to qqe please?

great indicator.

Hmm...after the markets re-opened, we got a sell signal. My demo got stopped out as it should have. However, it exhibited the same behavior as before when it was on a sell and got stopped out (that is, reopened a trade in the same direction). I guess I'll have to take a look at the code again tomorrow. Going to bed now.

-MRE-

Even with the bug...this system shows profit...

good work so far...

today is a strange day though being a US Bank Holiday..

ES

Reason: