EA request for profitable gbp/jpy system - page 4

lepiricus:
The EA works great if all you want to do is sell

Oops! That was actually just a labeling error. Try this one.

-MRE-

Files:

mrebersv:
Oops! That was actually just a labeling error. Try this one. -MRE-

Awesome, it goes both ways now

One more small bug, if it hits SL or TP it automatically enters another trade going the same way, it doesn't wait for a fresh signal. This is causing a whole lotta trades and most of the ones it jumps back into end up hitting SL or gets a change of direction also resulting in a loss.

Fix that and I think we have something very close.

lepiricus:
One more small bug, if it hits SL or TP it automatically enters another trade going the same way, it doesn't wait for a fresh signal.

Ahh...that makes sense. I should have some time on Saturday to fix that problem...maybe sooner if a few things clear up like tonight did!

-MRE-

Well I haven't looked into this, but in thinking about the "EA re-opens the same trade after a stop is hit issue," the only way to mitigate this is to keep track of the price and have the EA close the order instead of modifying an open order with a new stoploss as the EA currently does.

You're probably thinking "so what?" Well, picture this. The Qbot EA is running and an order is open when all of the sudden your machine crashes! Well, the only stoploss now is the one that is sent during the initial order (i.e. 100 pips below the market entry). If the trade has moved 200 pips on your favor, then your machine crashes, then the market reverses, you won't have any locked in profit, and you could lose all 200 pips plus the initial 100 pip stoploss.

I would say the "no re-entry" feature is worth the issue described above, but I thought I'd post and let other people make up their own minds. If you don't want that feature, continue using v0.2-beta. If you do want that feature, it will be in the v0.3-beta when I release that.

Is there an interest for a position-sizing algorithm to be added to v0.3-beta? I was just thinking about swiping the "LotsOptimized" code from the "Moving Average.mq4" sample EA that comes with every MT4 install. There are other (many of them better) algorithms out there, but they'd require me to code them up. If there is enough interest, I may eventually code a few different algorithms and let the user pick their poison. Eventually, I will stop maintaining this code, so I am taking suggestions now. There are no guaruntees that I'll implement your features, but I'll take suggestions.

As a side note to lepiricus: You've been quite open about your system, patient about my schedule, and kind in your criticism/bug reporting. I would have no qualms about doing more EAs with you now or in the future. PM me if you're interested and I'll reply with my email in case I ever stop checking the Forex-TSD forums (in which I wouldn't read any PMs you send). The same work conditions would apply, and essentially boil down to the following:

1) I reserve the right to keep a copy of the EA for use/personal records/whatever

2) Although I'm very open to feature suggestions, I reserve the right to not personally implement a feature for any reason

I'm especially open to feature requests from the individual who proposed the EA (lepiricus, in this case). As a general rule, I implement mechanism, not policy when creating EAs for people. For example, just because I don't want a feature, don't think it'd be useful, or just don't like it does **NOT** mean I won't implement it. I will generally provide features may or may not desire (mechanism). What features to use is defined by policy (and I believe policy should be up to the individual trader).

-MRE-

Well I've had v0.3 ready since late last night, but with the markets closed right now, I haven't done a single trade of testing on it, so I don't want to release it yet. I've changed the EA so that you can specify the short time frame and long time frame variables (shortTF and longTF in the EA inputs) for anyone looking to test this on different time frames than 30/60. I really want to test this before releasing it since I sort of coded the new trailing stop implementation over a few different sessions, so it is possible that I've missed something or messed something up.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone still following this thread?

-MRE-

Absolutly I am reading this thread... and it is understood that you will wait to test, because of the weekend (actually this is very much appreciated and take your time to FULLY test before the release as this will add to your credibility...there is no hurry)...

carry on

ES

P.S. I happen to be at my computer and saw your post...do not expect many replies to the readership over the weekend..We are playing

mrebersv:
Well I've had v0.3 ready since late last night, but with the markets closed right now, I haven't done a single trade of testing on it, so I don't want to release it yet. I've changed the EA so that you can specify the short time frame and long time frame variables (shortTF and longTF in the EA inputs) for anyone looking to test this on different time frames than 30/60. I really want to test this before releasing it since I sort of coded the new trailing stop implementation over a few different sessions, so it is possible that I've missed something or messed something up.

-MRE-

mrebersv:

-MRE-

Thanks for your previous post MRE, and for donating your time. The incorporation of the adjustable time frames will be very nice. Basically if you set both TFs to 240 you have my longer term gbp/jpy system I also trade live on Fibonacci Trader.

This 4hr system is as basic as it gets. I just trade long positions on QQE crossovers on the 4hr time frame. No stop loss or take profit. The RSI period setting on the QQE is set to 10 instead of 14. I found 10 was more optimized for gpb/jpy.

You have to watch it with money management with this one. I only risk 1% on these trades because you can get caught in some wild swings at times and can take drawdowns of a few hundred pips if it you get caught in a retrace and it only trades a few times a month. But you see the biggest winner is over 800 pips and the biggest loser is 188.

But I'll post a shot of its performance since January 30th below. Its got a profit factor of over 3.3 and almost 3600 pips in 9 months. This system is profitable if you go long and short, but I go long only now because its profit factor is higher and I get the swap.

Files:
4hr_system.gif  69 kb

yes i am reading

mrebersv:

-MRE-

ok test and then release

Yes, indeed.

Thanks for responding guys. I wasn't sure if anyone was still following or not, so the responses are appreciated. I was going to just start emailing lepiricus and ES directly if there wasn't anyone else interested.

If you guys want me to add a setting to enable/disable short positions for the Lep's 240m TF system, I can, but this can be done without adding any programming to the EA. When you drag an EA onto a chart (or open up the EA properties) you get a window with two tabs. One is labeled "Common." Under this tab you can enable Long & Short trades, only long trads, or only short trades.

-MRE-

Reason: