MACD indicator - page 34

mladen:
I think you can see more on a good old, nice histogram style MACD

But De gustibus non est disputandum someone would say, so ...

btw: Appels original rules (signal line is EMA not SMA) so do not compare the signal line to the built in MACD signal line

Hi mladen,

Kindly check your post #95

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018/page7

This indicator has auto refreshing problem as shown in the attached picture, could you or anyone arrange and correct the problem.

Thanks in advance

cubicrey

Files:

Orinin:
Hi Brian,

You may try this and modified them to suit your requirement.

thanks

Orinin

buysel_alert.mq4 ----- neat awesome

MACD color line-problem of auto refreshing

cubicrey:
Hi mladen,

Kindly check your post #95

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018/page7

This indicator has auto refreshing problem as shown in the attached picture, could you or anyone arrange and correct the problem.

Thanks in advance

cubicrey

Hi,

Can anyone help please.

Thank you

cubicrey

TFIFx - Moving Average Convergence Divergence

Moving Average Convergence Divergence or (MACD) was created by Gerald Appel in the late 1970s and it is considered as one of the simplest and most effective momentum indicators available.

This indicator combines the use of two Exponential Moving Averages (EMA) with different time periods (usually the 12 and 26 EMA), on the price chart and measures their convergence or divergence which is essentially the distance between them. Since the EMA with the shorter time-period will follow the prices more closely while the longer period EMA lags behind, there will be a resulting difference. This difference is plotted on a separate chart with a line that oscillates above and below the zero line whenever the two moving averages intersect. This is the MACD line.

In order to better estimate entry or exit points from the market a Simple Moving Average (SMA) of the MACD line is plotted on the chart and thus crossings of the MACD line with the EMA of the MACD line give buy/sell signals. The time frame usually applied is the 9 SMA.

For visual purposes it is common to plot the zero line as crossings of this line give buy/sell signals.

In the Graph below The MACD is represented by the RED line while the MACD Signal Line is GREEN.

Daily EURUSD chart from June 2007 to Nov 2008

Graph 1. (See Attachments)

Indications:

1. Buy/Sell signal when MACD line crosses above/below the MACD Signal Line.

2. Buy/Sell signal when MACD Line crosses above/below the Zero Line.

3. Signal of weakness in trend when Price Trend and MACD Trend diverge.

The above indicators will prove very helpful but as expected some tweaking may help contain losses and increase profits. Since such modifications are subjective, the graph below will reveal a recommended use of the above signals.

Daily EURUSD chart from June 2007 to Nov 2008

Graph 2. (See Attachments)

This graph reveals multiple features that the MACD indicator provides.

It is simple to see how a support line is formed at -0.005 (just below the 0 line) on the indicator and is effectively changed to a resistance later on in 2008.

In addition the channel lines and trend lines show the indicators convergence or divergence from the trend in the price chart, thus effectively warning of the imminent reversal in mid July 2008, two months ahead of the price chart.

Another helpful tip would be to follow the buy/sell signals but buy or sell only in the direction of the underlying instrument (in our example EUR/USD) trend. Important supports or resistances can help find entry or exit points.

Costas Michael

Trader

TFIFx.com

TFI Financial Services since 1999

Files:
graph_1.png  167 kb
graph_2.png  188 kb

help

I'm sorry for posting this here if its not the right place to ask.

I have a custom MACD indicator with alert, i would love if someone can help me remove the alert from the indicator and post it on here.

Files:

kol8701:
I'm sorry for posting this here if its not the right place to ask. I have a custom MACD indicator with alert, i would love if someone can help me remove the alert from the indicator and post it on here.

Check this out mate

Files:

kol8701:
I'm sorry for posting this here if its not the right place to ask. I have a custom MACD indicator with alert, i would love if someone can help me remove the alert from the indicator and post it on here.

Yes but it is a little rude to post your request in multiple threads, I already modified this for you in the indicators thread, now you have involved the time of two people duplicating your request.

Please post requests only ONCE and in one thread

sorry

duly noted, wont happen again.

Reason: