New to scripts

Hello all,

I have a script that writes the outputs from various indicators, that is then imported into Excel.My problem is manually putting it on the chart every hour.

Is it possible to have this script run automaticly instead of doing it manually.If so can it be run from within an indicator that is already running on a chart.

I have been unable to find this on the forum, if it is can someone point me in that direction.

Thanks for any help.

swagman1:
Hello all,

I have a script that writes the outputs from various indicators, that is then imported into Excel.My problem is manually putting it on the chart every hour.

Is it possible to have this script run automaticly instead of doing it manually.If so can it be run from within an indicator that is already running on a chart.

I have been unable to find this on the forum, if it is can someone point me in that direction.

Thanks for any help.

Yes it's possible but from what you describe, you will have to get (pay, most likely) someone to write an indicator/EA to do it. Check out the commercial section, lots of good programmers there...

If it is script so script is woking one time one: when you attach it to the chart. If you need to for script to do this job once more time so you need to attach it to the chart once againt. because it is the script. EA or indicator may do their job consistently.

Look at those link may be you will find something.

Excel:

- Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) is here;

- COT Data Excel Sheet is here;

- Save Data To A File thread;

- forex data converters thread;

- MULTI FIBO CALCULATOR with DDE off course: original thread.

- FX risk calculator with DDE is here.

Thanks Omelette and Newdigital,

I have already read those links Newdigital, that's what helped me create the script in the first place.I thought filewrite only worked on a script, I have now written it to an indicator and we will see if it works.

Thanks for all your help and support you have made learning metatrader so much easier.

swagman1:
Thanks Omelette and Newdigital,

I have already read those links Newdigital, that's what helped me create the script in the first place.I thought filewrite only worked on a script, I have now written it to an indicator and we will see if it works.

Thanks for all your help and support you have made learning metatrader so much easier.

Not scripts only. Indicators and EAs can write/re-write the file with any periodicity. Look at those tools coded by Igorad https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102

Hi Newdigital,

I have had a quick look through Igorad's coding I feel it is of a standard that I am unable to understand. I will spend some time studing and see.

Thanks again.

Reason: