I am looking for help understanding how to get an indicator/tool that I can add to a chart that I get to chose the High or Low point (candle) to anchor it to. I will tell it the starting point and it will plot the other multiple lines based on the beginning point that I have chosen. I will be able to tell it whether it is to plot them above or below my starting point.
Any help with basic design would be greatly appreciated.
Is this not a forum to help others? If not please point me to a place that may wish to do that..I do not want someone to write the code for me but help me understand the starting point...
Thanks again in advance.
Your explanation is not very understandable for me sorry.
Do you want high/low of the candles, or just many horizontal lines?
It is the better to use search here https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.forex-tsd.src/search
High/low of the candles (from 1 to 7 candles) is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173163/page2
everything about candles, inside candles and custom candles:
- indicators is here;
- 4Hour indicator is here;
- Esignal candlestick thread with some good indicators is here.
Vertical/horizontal indicators (support/resistance, trading time, min/max or any):
- Alarm Custom Indicator For Horizontal Lines is here.
- Vertical Horizontal Filter (VHF): indicator is here (elite section).
- how to draw vertical/horizontal lines manually in MetaTrader: original thread is here.
- TradeTime_v2 indicator is here.
- MktOpen: this indicator is drawing vertical lines on specific time or in market open sessions.
- 3@S & R Simple: the script to draw support/resistance horizontal lines.
- Reliable Trendlines: elite section thread with many trend lines or support/resistance lines indicators.
- MaksiGen_Range_Move: the indicator as part of MaksiGen Trading system; it drawing horizontal trend line and support/resistance lines, also - breakout lines. The same indicator with alarm is here.
- support/resistance for candles: original thread with discussion and some indicators.
- breakout indicators: the indicators are drawing horizontal lines on possible breakout levels.
- grid lines: the thread.
If you need support/resistance lines so it is the different.
- level trading as support/resistance is here;
- level trading traditional rules and indicators is here.
- level trading in elite section is here.
And many many other threads.
You need to go through the links and find about what you need.
Thanks for the information....
There are many breakout box and box indicators floating about.
What I would like to know is if there is an indicator, similar to the box, but that I can set to draw horizontal lines 'x' number of pips from either a candle high or low.
Unlike the box indicator which draws it from the low and the high, I need an indicator that only uses the one end of a candle.
Look at my previous post for level indicators and level trading system.
Here is one I'm using. Unfortunately it onlu connects to the high of bulls and the low of bears.
You can tell it how maany pips distance between llevels, and then use TakeProfit ratio to calculate levels of supp and res.
I still don't have one that connects to the close of a candle.
This one goes on the candle open. It actually has the function true/false in.
True means it will use candle high/low false means it will use candle open.
All thanx goes to mladen
This one may work for your vertical lines.
Maybe you can mod it for horizontal lines.
This is all I've been able to find.