Slip or Slippage?

Hi Guys,

Can someone please explain me what does SLIPPAGE means and what does it do?????????

Thanks

Babar

The slippage is "the difference between estimated transaction costs and the amount actually paid" or the "deviation from the quoted price". This happens when the market moves fast. Let's say now the price is 1.2400, you place a buy order, but right now the market moves so fast and the broker will open that position for you at another price... let's say 1.2404. In this case the slippage is 4 pips. You can set the maximum slippage as you like.

If you set the "maximum deviation from the quoted price" to 0, chances are that you will get many requotes. The software will "ask" you if you would like to proceed with the new price.

I hope this is clear.

Bye.

Could someone explain me what is (slippage)?

Hi all,

I'm new to currency exchange, and I come across this word (slippage) during reading some thread.

Could someone explain me what is (slippage) and how it work?

Thank you an advance

savio:
Hi all,

I'm new to currency exchange, and I come across this word (slippage) during reading some thread.

Could someone explain me what is (slippage) and how it work?

Thank you an advance

Follow the link :

http://www.babypips.com/school/trading_the_news_at_your_own_r.html

Thank you very much dear MiniMe

Slip or Slippage?

What is the difference between slip and slippage?

Some EA's have slippage=3 and other EA's have slip=100. Are they different?

matrixebiz:
What is the difference between slip and slippage? Some EA's have slippage=3 and other EA's have slip=100. Are they different?

Slippage is slippage, it all depends on how the developer programmed the EA.

wolfe:
Slippage is slippage, it all depends on how the developer programmed the EA.

Sorry, you mean slip is slippage? How do I know what value to use in what EA?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Sorry, you mean slip is slippage? How do I know what value to use in what EA? Thanks

You have to try it live and see what value gives less requotes while keeping slippage reasonable.

Slippage Problem

I am Newby. I want to know how much the average slippage for normal market ? And how much the slippage at volatile market ( during news release )? Now I trade using IBFX Broker and I set my slippage at my EA to 3. I found sometimes my order did not execute. Whether it is caused by slippage problems.

Slippage for testing

Hi,

I have tried out some daily trading systems but I encounter a great problem. I found that originally profitable systems turns to be losers when I add slippage of $15 per trade. Is $15 too conservative? (I assume trading one contract and the lot size is $10000) Also, if I use a limit order for my systems, should I assume slippage?

Thank you in advance

Adrien

Reason: