Why is this difference in the log between brokers?

Hi

Im comparing different brokers for live trading and i have noticed that the logs are not written the same

The first is showing the current price "at 1.33218" but not on the other

Anyone know why,?

Iim using exactly the sam EA:s on both

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15:35:51 '604774': instant order sell 0.10 EURUSD at 1.33218 sl: 1.33561 tp: 1.32881

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15:35:51 '157663': order sell market 0.10 EURUSD sl: 1.33561 tp: 1.32881

pontuso:

Hi

Im comparing different brokers for live trading and i have noticed that the logs are not written the same

The first is showing the current price "at 1.33218" but not on the other

Anyone know why,?

Iim using exactly the sam EA:s on both

15:35:51 '604774': instant order sell 0.10 EURUSD at 1.33218 sl: 1.33561 tp: 1.32881

15:35:51 '157663': order sell market 0.10 EURUSD sl: 1.33561 tp: 1.32881

Probably because in the first you have an instant execution order and in the second a market execution order.

angevoyageur:
Probably because in the first you have an instant execution order and in the second a market execution order.

Okay

Thats make me confused over another thing:

http://www.babypips.com/blogs/espipionage/mt4-market-execution-vs-instant-execution.html

Becuase im not supposed to be able to set TP and SL on a market execution instantly, or?

I mean can a broker manipulate the text in the log?

Becuase they are claiming that they are a ECN broker, but i can still set TP and SL when i m executing a order

sry for my bad english :-(

pontuso:

I mean can a broker manipulate the text in the log?

Becuase they are claiming that they are a ECN broker, but i can still set TP and SL when i m executing a order

sry for my bad english :-(

Since some months it's no more a problem, see here :

Terminal: Added ability to set Stop Loss and Take Profit levels in market order placing dialog for symbols having Market and Exchange execution types...

See also this topic.

Okay i understand thanks for the reply.

But i saw another thing in that post about slippage and ECN, that you wrote.

Slippage is not working for ECN

Is there any good articles about this matter and does anyone have some kind of workaround for this problem?

pontuso:

Okay i understand thanks for the reply.

But i saw another thing in that post about slippage and ECN, that you wrote.

Slippage is not working for ECN

Is there any good articles about this matter and does anyone have some kind of workaround for this problem?

It's not a problem, it's how market execution works, by definition. If you need to control slippage, don't use market execution order (in general used by ECN broker).

Ok thanks =)
Reason: