Don't fix it if it ain't broken!

Don't fix it if it ain't broken!

I was reading hundreds or thousands of posts in the last weeks of great trading systems and setups here.

So many peoples putting their brains here, trying to find a way to beat the difficult Forex market. Tough enemy.

So there are so many systems - better or worse - with different ways to attack the market depending of the temperament of each trader. Some like it hot and aggressive hanging 16 hours in front of their screens, some trade on dailies with a quick look on the charts in the morning.

But one thing I have been observing is the following:

* There is someone posting a new thread about a system he is using personally and successfully.

* Then the thread gets busy and a lot of qualified guys (thats not ironic!) try to help and make the whole thing better.

* After 1,000 post you barely have the originator of the system posting anymore as he still has his original chart and setup from post #1 still trading successfully.

* After reading post 1,500 the whole system has changed to something completely different and nobody remembers the basic idea anymore and more post from peoples coming in asking what the hell is the right and best setup for this as there are soooo many different in the thread!

Please, this is not to criticize the work and effort of all the great guys here trying to improve the trading methods. My personal conclusion is nevertheless:

Choose a system which fits your trading style and temperament, read the post #1 of the thread and apply it. You will be fine!

To illustrate what I mean: Read the "Follow the Bouncing Pip" from Big Bear and forex11 or read the ISAKA II thread from Zenan. Both are still happy with what they created in the 1st post. The rest is just fixing something that ain't broken!

Good luck all...

Hello dxtrade and everyone reading this thread.

I could not agree more with what u have stated - 'if it aint broken, dont fix it'

The original system and trading method posted by Big Bear in post 1 still seems to be effective right up to this hour. Obviously, as Big Bear stated, u WILL make losses, but your wins will cover these losses PLUS more. (to me, that aint broken!)

I hope we can all pull together and apply this SUCCESSFUL trading method to our own trades, help each other out and also help all the newbies to this system. (I am a newbie too!)

Anyway, I just want to say good luck, thank you and please keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

Zimmer

Yup

Hey All,

I want to thank you for saying what I was thinking. The truth is you should make each system work for you. I am ok with people taking the system that Forex11 & I created & adding stuff or whatever to make it theres. Thats what its here for.

My beef is when people say that it will never work or that it will work so much better if we do this. I dont think so. Dont try to change it to say look what I did.

I am guilty of it as well. When Forex11 & I started trading we would find concepts we liked & try to "FIX" it to make it better before we even really gave it a chance.

So I just want to say that on behalf of Forex11 & myself, please do what you wish with the FTC but dont tell me that my system is broken.

A lot of people PM me saying that they still use the OG rules & they think it works the best.

Look we went through every indi in MT4 base (not including custom) for a filter & we found some work some dont. Forex11 works with different ones but had never just picked one. Me I just K.I.S.S.

Take Care All & See You In The Skype Room

Bear-

I agree despite the fact i went into this direction trying to improve (with success) a system based on stochastics.

Right now, i'm not using the "improvement" anymore and trade mainly more or less the same way i started to trade it...

The point is not that a system is working or not. The point is that the system is working for YOU.

Maybe a system is very good for the person who developped it but i wont do good except if you add the "improvement" for someone else.

Eventually the "improvement" of the original method will be bad for another person and so on and so on.

New Trades

Good Morning, Afternoon and Evening Ladies and Gentlemen!

New day, new opportunities... If anyone sees any possible trades, can they please post it here.

It would be nice to have peoples opinions and hopefully we can all make ++++pips!!

Thank you

Zimmer

zimmerzimmer:
Good Morning, Afternoon and Evening Ladies and Gentlemen!

New day, new opportunities... If anyone sees any possible trades, can they please post it here.

It would be nice to have peoples opinions and hopefully we can all make ++++pips!!

Thank you

Zimmer

Zimmer

Two traders could take a trade on the same pair one is short and the other one is long ... both could make money , this is the fun part in trading.

My advice don't follow the signal from any trader or any signal provider , I can send you my signals which are tracked and proven successful but while I make money you could lose because of these signals.

Get your own system and develop your own tools

wish you all the best

MiniMe:
Zimmer

Two traders could take a trade on the same pair one is short and the other one is long ... both could make money , this is the fun part in trading.

My advice don't follow the signal from any trader or any signal provider , I can send you my signals which are tracked and proven successful but while I make money you could lose because of these signals.

Get your own system and develop your own tools

wish you all the best

Hello MiniMe,

Yes I agree that every trader has to have their own system and method of trading.

I did not want people to post 'signals' as such, but a place we can discuss tactics and how to use Big Bear's great system to its full potential.

I have noticed over the last week or two, there are a lot of newbies interested in adapting the system to their trading styles, so a little chat can go a long way to making the most of this wonderful system.

Sorry for boring you lol

Best of luck!

Zimmer

Just my 2 cents:

This thread wasn't supposed to be neither a BigBear thread and even less a signal/trade thread.

My intention was a general idea about "improving" existing systems and and the outcome of the improvements. And as Melpheos said we have to find OUR system fitting OUR trading style and temperament. And then use it and adapt it to OUR advantage.

There is no holy grail and there will never be a holy grail, but something that works for me mustn't necessarily work for you. So a system I'm happy with is the holy grail FOR ME! Is all.

The basic great thing in this forum is the diversity of systems available here from 1 trade a week with 15 pips TP up to martingale EAs for the gambler. Thats what makes it such a rich source to dig in. And the worst are peoples coming in a thread just for whining, telling that all is s*** and doesn't work and that they want a whatever proof or live statement because they don't believe in anything.

Criticizing is only good when it's constructive... destruction never helped anybody or anything.

LOL, just venting here.

Happy trading guys...

Reason: