Eurjpy In and Out Scalping. - page 6

Willis, not to bother you too much, but after much thought I consider a suggestion I had made earlier to be vital for the success of this system, and I'd like you take a look at it, when you're done.

New Rule: If after 3 (or 4) AO cycles, one following the other, the price is still moving in same xx range of pips, not sure yet the exact no. possibly 25, (or in between the highs and lows made by these 3 cycles - might be better), we don't trade, until a new cycle starts after that with price above or below that xx range ( or the high and low).

If we add this we'll be out of 98% or ranging conditions, much more then just using the ATR as a filter which is a little lagging. this is in addition to the other filters we already have in place.

Thanks again.

dav12028:
Suitable trade Conditions:

1) If price has not moved yet more the 14 pips from the previous bottom or top only then take the trade, this will allow for a SL not to exceed18 pips.

This is talking about the current AO cycle right? Not the Previous cycle? Also, do you mean 14 pips distance from the lowest Bid of the cycle to the highest bid of the cycle?

And the AO changing from positive to negative or vice versa only has to do with a new starting point for top and bottom points right? Nothing to do with the entry, right?

Just trying to make sure I understand this exactly. The smallest error can big the biggest difference in the results.

Willis11of12:
This is talking about the current AO cycle right? Not the Previous cycle?

Correct

Also, do you mean 14 pips distance from the lowest Bid of the cycle to the highest bid of the cycle?

You're talking about bid price verses offer price; is that what you're saying? Well if I understand your question, yes, it should be consistent you either use bid price or offer price, as in for lowest bid to current bid or lowest offer to current offer and vice verse.

And the AO changing from positive to negative or vice versa only has to do with a new starting point for top and bottom points right? Nothing to do with the entry, right?

Correct, in the context of calculating the tops and bottoms we use each cycle as going from + to -. In regards to opening a new trade we consider the first 2 bars of the new (current) cycle if over 0.01 + or 0.01 - .

Just trying to make sure I understand this exactly. The smallest error can big the biggest difference in the results.

I appreciate your accuracy in questioning, I hope all is clear now.

so we only trade if it is one of the first two bars of the cycle, and if are rules aren't hit during the first two bars, than be just wait for a new cycle to start?

Willis11of12:
so we only trade if it is one of the first two bars of the cycle, and if are rules aren't hit during the first two bars, than be just wait for a new cycle to start?

Correct, exactly so.

Thanks to all of you for you interest and participation in this system. Just here to say I'll be off for the next 2 days, I'll try to do my best to answer all your questions as soon as I return.

Happy trading to all and good luck,

Dave

Dave, I pretty much finished this EA, except for a couple things at the end, but when I ran it on the eurjpy for this month, it didn't open a single trade. So I was looking at where you showed that sell on your first example and realized that there is something wrong. Either that wasn't really supposed to be a trade or I am misunderstanding your rules. In post #49 you said the price has to be atleast 6 pips from the top and bottom (thus putting the price somewhere in the middle) and then in post #54 you said it was talking about the current cycle and not the previous cycle. The current cycle would have been 11 pips from top to bottom, meaning that there was for sure never a time that the price was 6 pips above the bottom and 6 pips below the top of the current cycle. Also, there were 12 ticks with it moving down 11 pips, which tells me that it is very unlikly that it would have gone all the way down and back up to the mid point and then back to the bottom by time the bar closed.

Anyway, I must be misunderstanding something in the rules, because this is not working at all on the EA. Perhaps when you said the current AO cycle you meant the cycle that just finished? That's kind of what your picture looks like, but it's not what you told me, so I don't know.

Willis,

As I understood. It should be 6 pips from the last high for sell and last low for buy. The same high as it was for 14 pips. So, I wrote for sell:

if(Open[0] > LastMax - 14*Point && Open[0] < LastMax - 6*Point)

It would be wise to avoid too fast market and too slow.

Wookey

PS. Look in your PM box.

I run this method manually, it shown very good sclaper indicator. But i need to stair in front pc most of the time to sclap some pips. As so far using 20 lot per order my ac increase from 780 to 2040...not to bad .

Any update on the EA so far?

Willis11of12:
Dave, I pretty much finished this EA, except for a couple things at the end, but when I ran it on the eurjpy for this month, it didn't open a single trade. So I was looking at where you showed that sell on your first example and realized that there is something wrong. Either that wasn't really supposed to be a trade or I am misunderstanding your rules. In post #49 you said the price has to be atleast 6 pips from the top and bottom (thus putting the price somewhere in the middle) and then in post #54 you said it was talking about the current cycle and not the previous cycle. The current cycle would have been 11 pips from top to bottom, meaning that there was for sure never a time that the price was 6 pips above the bottom and 6 pips below the top of the current cycle. Also, there were 12 ticks with it moving down 11 pips, which tells me that it is very unlikly that it would have gone all the way down and back up to the mid point and then back to the bottom by time the bar closed. Anyway, I must be misunderstanding something in the rules, because this is not working at all on the EA. Perhaps when you said the current AO cycle you meant the cycle that just finished? That's kind of what your picture looks like, but it's not what you told me, so I don't know.

I'm sorry about this misunderstanding. Yes, I was talking about the cycle that just finished as you mentioned it in your last pargraph and as Wooky explained it in the next post.

Reason: