[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 31

chief2000:

In that example it's the same as in my past robots, although I'm not quite sure why this particular solution was chosen?

->

If we set TP = SL and have two buy trades, one of which is profitable and one is loss-making, the result will be a loss greater than the profit.

- Isn't it implied that when TP and SL are equal, we want them to fully compensate each other in the end?

Thank you!

And for Bai you set take point from Ask, not from Bid, for Sell - vice versa... Or you can add spread size in pips to take points... You're the master of your EA and you can, or may, take into account the difference between the results of positive and negative trades. The main thing is not to violate the basic requirements and restrictions of trading operations.

chief2000:

In that example it's the same as in my past robots, although I'm not quite sure why this particular solution was chosen?

->

If we set TP = SL and have two buy trades, one of which is profit and one is loss, the resulting loss will be higher than the profit.

- Isn't it implied that when TP and SL are equal, we want them to fully compensate each other in the end?

Thank you!

That would be absolutely correct:

// Для Buy

SL=Bid - StopLoss*  Point;      // StopLoss   (цена)
TP=Ask + TakeProfit*Point;      // TakeProfit (цена)
// Для Sell

SL=Ask + StopLoss*  Point;      // StopLoss   (цена)
TP=Bid - TakeProfit*Point;      // TakeProfit (цена)

alex12 , artmedia70

Thank you!

Good evening everyone! Could you please tell me how to access the data that the custom indicator writes to arrays in the EA?

nadya:
Good evening everyone! Could you please tell me how to access the data that the custom indicator writes to arrays in the EA?
iCustom

nadya:
Good evening everyone! I want to ask how to address the data that the custom indicator writes in arrays in an EA?

Добрый вечер всем! Подскажите, пожалуйста, как в советнике обратиться к данным, которые пользовательский индикатор записывает в массивы?

charter:

iCustom

and what does "Custom indicator must be compiled (file with EX4 extension)" mean?

nadya:
nadya:
Good evening everyone! Please tell me, how in my Expert Advisor, how to access the data that the custom indicator saves in arrays?

and what does "Custom indicator must be compiled (file with EX4 extension)" mean ?

Do you have an indicator, which data you want to receive to your EA? If so, do not bother with this line. Take its data and that's all...

Then all the knowledge will come and the question will disappear by itself.

artmedia70:

Do you have an indicator whose data you want to get into your EA? If yes, then don't bother yourself with this line. Take its data and that's it.

Then all the knowledge will come and the question will disappear by itself.

i don't know how to do that, i need to get to the bottom of it. does the indicator with the name "yty.mq4" have the required resolution?

nadya:
I can't do that, I need to get to the bottom of it. does the indicator with the name "yty.mq4" have the required resolution?
Open it in MetaEditor, press F5 and the indicator will compile.

Hello, could you tell us how to correctly implement the following condition: We take the high of the candle and place a SellStop order with a stop and takeout 50 pips below it. Then if the order is open and the high updated (no matter at this candle or several candles later), we modify SellStop calculated - below 50 points from the new high with a stop and take. And so on, until the order becomes Sell. The order should be modified, rather than deleted and opened a new one! Thank you.

Reason: