Eurjpy In and Out Scalping. - page 4

I thought I would be able to make an EA for this idea pretty easily until I tried to incude the custom indicators and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and then found this in the MQL4 Library under Custom Indicators:

"A group of functions used at producing of custom indicators. These functions cannot be used in experts and scripts." It looks like this could be harder than I thought. If I am misunderstanding this, someone please correct me and tell me how you have included custom indicators in an Expert Advisor. Thanks for the help!

Willis11of12:
I thought I would be able to make an EA for this idea pretty easily until I tried to incude the custom indicators and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and then found this in the MQL4 Library under Custom Indicators: "A group of functions used at producing of custom indicators. These functions cannot be used in experts an d scripts." It looks like this could be harder than I thought. If I am misunderstanding this, someone please correct me and tell me how you have included custom indicators in an Expert Advisor. Thanks for the help!

Thanks, for the try. I'm pretty sure it will get done eventually, it's just too of good one to resist, the question is only if when and how and who will benefit from it, if you know what I mean.

It's a trend following system, choppy time like that on my screenshot will take back most if not all of the profit. Cable will get back even more.

We should think of a filter, since +-10 pips obviously doesn't work good. It doesn't filter all choppy trades and often filters very good trades because trends always start from notrend.

Wookey

Files:
eurjpy_11.gif  14 kb

Nevermind... I feel a little stupid about that last comment, as I think it was talking about the list of commands that are only used in making Custom Indicators and not EAs. I think I figured out how to include them. I'm looking at the CCI one right now, but I'm not sure what to put in for the buffer, as there are three options: 0, 1, or 2. I'll keep working on it.

Dave, do you want the indicators being applied to the current bar or the previous bar? It sounds like you want them applied to the current bar, but I have had problems in the past with having some skewed results with using indicators on the current bar with backtesting. I guess we can test both when it's finished.

Willis11of12:
Nevermind... I feel a little stupid about that last comment, as I think it was talking about the list of commands that I only used in making Custom Indicators and not EAs. I think I figured out how to include them. I'm looking at the CCI one right now, but I'm not sure what to put in for the buffer, as there are three options: 0, 1, or 2. I'll keep working on it.

Willis,

Try this:

FXSniper = iCustom(NULL, 0, "FX Sniper\'s T3 CCI", FX_Sniper_CCI_Period, FX_Sniper_T3_Period, FX_Sniper_b, 0, 1);

Wookey

wookey:
It's a trend following system, choppy time like that on my screenshot will take back most if not all of the profit. Cable will get back even more.

We should think of a filter, since +-10 pips obviously doesn't work good. It doesn't filter all choppy trades and often filters very good trades because trends always start from notrend.

Wookey

Possibly we could try something like this: if 3 AO cycles in a row range in same x amount of pips we quit trading. Another note: Even the filters we already have in place now has gone quite far as we would not have taken quite a few of those trades that you see in that screenshot. And more, putting it in perspective you would not have been in and out 3 times on this screenshot, possibly only once according to the rules, if you check it from the start.

wookey:
It's a trend following system, choppy time like that on my screenshot will take back most if not all of the profit. Cable will get back even more. Wookey

I would call it anything but a "trend following system", if you'd agree with me on that. The filters already in place do a pretty good job of keeping you out of most of the choppy times, but I admit it needs a little more tightening.

Willis11of12:
Dave, do you want the indicators being applied to the current bar or the previous bar? It sounds like you want them applied to the current bar, but I have had problems in the past with having some skewed results with using indicators on the current bar with backtesting. I guess we can test both when it's finished.

Willis you nailed it, this will probably be the most sensitive point where the EA will have issues, but as you suggested we should be able to test both. I can well see that we will get 2 different sets of results, it will be interesting.

Another thing to note in general about this system, besides the fact that it keeps you out of many many bad ones, but actually even the 18 pips SL at most times is never materialized, because many times you get out of a bad trade much before the SL is hit. On average your bad trades are about 10 pips loss, compared to the average good trades of 25 pips without even mentioning about a decent number of trades with 50 pips. In summary, this system is defiantly not a losing one, the questions is only how profitable.

Reason: