Modtrade Enter/Exit indicator - page 2

i was affraid it seems too simple

well, ichimocu uses midlines (HH LL) and they seems not too complaining on simplisity... [ "golden section" settings (9 26 52) best 4 all (4(1)H and up though) ] ... lets see what our does

2.right: i=Bars-counted_bars-1;

fxbs:
i was affraid it seems too simple

well, ichimocu uses midlines (HH LL) and they seems not too complaining on simplisity... [ "golden section" settings (9 26 52) best 4 all (4(1)H and up though) ] ... lets see what our does

2.right: i=Bars-counted_bars-1;

Hi fxbs,

I don't know what the source quote proves. Matter of fact, it's not even my source code. That part of the indicator is taken from Go, which you can find here: GO - MQL4 Code Base

It doesn't seem to be anything but a setup of routine past bars painting.

Hi, Modulatum, I like the idea, indi; just thinking out loud (trying diff.things to see what happens) -sorry if misunderstanding...

fxbs:
Hi, Modulatum, I like the idea, indi; just thinking out loud (trying diff.things to see what happens) -sorry if misunderstanding...

No problem, I want to find out if this indicator is for real just as much as you do. On another note, I found that this indicator may also be useful for scalping. Attached are 5 minute charts of AUD&EUR/USD. As the chart for the Euro shows, there were 3 unprofitable signals and 6 profitable ones (counting the short possibility). The Aussie chart shows 1 unprofitable signal and 7 profitable ones (counting the short possibility). The question is, what's used to filter the modtrade signals?

Files:
mt1_1.gif  33 kb

After making the Highs Closes and the Lows Opens, I got something very peculiar. If one were to follow it as a directional indicator in conjunction with modtrade, I think the results would be satisfactory.

Files:
mt7_1.gif  16 kb

I have been following this signal today and it doesn't seem to update dynamically, eg: you constantly have to refresh by switching from one timeframe to another and I fear it may be repainting - if this could be fixed I am sure it could be a useful indicator

leeb:
I have been following this signal today and it doesn't seem to update dynamically, eg: you constantly have to refresh by switching from one timeframe to another and I fear it may be repainting - if this could be fixed I am sure it could be a useful indicator

Well, I have the same suspicion, more to do with that it's showing no signals yet on the M30 charts, but is full of them on other timeframes. I've taken about 30 screenshots overnight to take a look at any repainting that might happen and from what I see, on the C version, everything looks fine. I'l switch to M15 and keep taking pictures for more data.

Psycic

leeb:

A brief glance at the code tells that this does not repaint, but instead that it refers into the future. That is, the bar N value is computed by referring to bars after (more recent than) bar N. One effect is that it doesn't update. You also need a quite good data stream to get any useful bar 0 or bar 1 values. (The default setting refers as much as 450 bars into the future; well beyond most data streams, I think )

ralph.ronnquist:
A brief glance at the code tells that this does not repaint, but instead that it refers into the future. That is, the bar N value is computed by referring to bars after (more recent than) bar N. One effect is that it doesn't update. You also need a quite good data stream to get any useful bar 0 or bar 1 values. (The default setting refers as much as 450 bars into the future; well beyond most data streams, I think )

Are you referring to

double v1a = drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer + drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer;

Because I've wondered how one could look into the future on an array, but every time I changed i+ to i-, the indicator simply showed nothing. Perhaps that's the way it's supposed to be?

P.S.: Resetting the template would alter the last few bars of the indicator, not so dramatically that it would go from positive to negative, but very reminiscent of Fisher indicators. Does this have anything to do with the above?

modulatum:
Are you referring to
double v1a = drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer + drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer+drawBuffer;
Because I've wondered how one could look into the future on an array, but every time I changed i+ to i-, the indicator simply showed nothing. Perhaps that's the way it's supposed to be?

No, it's "iOpen(...,i-x)" that refers x bars into the future of bar i... (same for iClose(..)).

Bar 0 is the bar being painted, bar 1 is the one most recently completed, bar 2 the one before that, etc.

Unfortunately you cannot refer usefully to bars in future of bar 0.

Reason: