Hikkake Pattern indicator

hi guys,

as i was surfing the web, i found this great concept about Hikkake pattern,

the pattern works like this, it consist of 2 bars on hourly daily or weekly

the bar the forms called inside bar, and it has to have higher low and lower high than the preceeding bar. Then the second bar in the pattern must have a higher high and higher low than the previous "inside" bar to form a bearish signal, and you would take the entry when it breaks the low of the inside bar on the 3rd bar, and the opposite for a long entry

What i would like if someone can make an alert to attach to the chart so when the inside bar forms to give a sound alert? and one will be helpful to do that?

and here is the link for the rules and how the pattern works

http://www.chesler.us/Misc/Public/chesler0404.pdf

thank you

Hi,

i have those 2 indicators supposed to show inside bars.

Check them,look at the code maybe they can help you.

Ask some mq4 programmer here to fix the code if it is not accurate,i also think it could be used in trading.

Files:
insidebar.mq4  3 kb
inampout.mq4  4 kb

connecting4less:
hi guys,

the bar the forms called inside bar, and it has to have higher low and lower high than the preceeding bar. Then the second bar in the pattern must have a higher high and higher low than the previous "inside" bar to form a bearish signal, and you would take the entry when it breaks the low of the inside bar on the 3rd bar, and the opposite for a long entry

What i would like if someone can make an alert to attach to the chart so when the inside bar forms to give a sound alert? and one will be helpful to do that?

thank you

Hi I found algortam but the source code is C not MQL4

SourceForge.net: Files

ta_CDLHIKKAKE.c

ta_CDLHIKKAKEMOD.c

Here's an indicator I wrote last night. I added the vertical line signal today, although I can't exactly figure out how to delete all of the lines on deinitialization, so that might be something you'd have to do manually. So far, so good.

Edit: added custom minutes variable.

2nd Edit: added the modified hikkake reversal signal.

Files:
hikkake.mq4  3 kb

Thank you modulatum.

Modulatum look ta-lib. There is source cod for Hikkake.

shmorca:
Thank you modulatum. Modulatum look ta-lib. There is source cod for Hikkake.

I've taken a look and it seems very close to what I have. I don't imagine there is much variation in this method.

Attached is the latest revision that fixed some minor object bugs.

Files:
hikkake_1.mq4  3 kb

connecting4less:
hi guys,

thank you

Which forex pair have you found this system useful?

Good evening Traders,

Thank you for this work, however I attach the indicator in the chart and I do not see nothing .

Can you inform us on this subject ?

BrunoFX:
Good evening Traders,

Thank you for this work, however I attach the indicator in the chart and I do not see nothing .

Can you inform us on this subject ?

Hi BrunoFX,

The indicator doesn't paint the past, so the only signals you'll see will be the ones that actually occur as the session goes on. I'm sure there's a way to also add historical signals to the indicator, but I didn't deem it necessary to include in the code.

Here's a screenshot of the past few hours of output from the indicator. Due to my other development on MT4, some morning signals are not on the charts.

Both on AUDUSD and USDJPY, there are two green lines. The first on AUD belongs to the 60 minute Hikkake and the same is true of the second on JPY.

As you can see, the yen is performing pretty poorly under this indicator, and AUDUSD has three good signals. The euro is doing as well as the yen, although it does appear we are in a ranging market.

Files:
h1.gif  51 kb

Hello Modulatum,

Can you please share the indicator that`s at the bottom of your charts.

Thank you

PartyPips

Reason: