[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 583

rigonich:

Then read Andersen's fairy tales.

I understand that I am "out of the loop"...I try to get into it...... but 1) if I was in the loop", I would not be asking questions here, and secondly, if you could explainin a differentlanguage(not with formal quotes from a textbook that I have), you would not be writing about Andersen's fairy tales here :)))))))

Look at what I wrote above.

lottamer:

I see...(but not about void - I guess I'm still a long way off).

But the problem is that the textbook is written by the same people who wrote the language itself. They are too clever :))) they are so clever that they cannot come down to our level even if they want to. that's why it's very hard to read what's written... a lot of things need "translation" and everything needs EXAMPLE, and there are none.

go look for "MQL for Dumbasses" books on the net ... :)))

thanks for the help...

I think it's very easy to read, there are examples for everything, just not everything you'd like to see. When I picked it up I was also a dummie, but everything was clear to me.

And with VOID it's true, we should leave it alone. I don't have the task to "write something using void". just from what I've seen (poking around other people's EAs is the most obscure)

the task is different.

to write a simple robot.

Block 1. Terms

Block 2. Actions

Block 3. New conditions

Block 4. New actions.

I can more or less write the conditions.

The actions are more difficult...

But with the interconnections of blocks - it's a dark forest!

the # includ idea looks nice ...but the code inside is not clear to me yet....

rigonich:

I think it is very easy to read, there are examples for everything, just not everything is there that I would like, but it is for dummies (people not related to programming in any way). When I took it "in the hands" was also a dummie, but for me it was all clear.

:))) So I'm dumb... :)))but I have to try...

lottamer:

you have to look online for publications like "MQL for Dumbasses"... :)))

you can not find it.
How can you find it if you can't look for it? It's a vicious circle...

i wonder how they found this thematic forum in the first place.

Dimka-novitsek:

The code is executed from the beginning. This is correct. But the signal to execute it is when a new tick comes into the terminal. At the weekend, when there are no quotes, nothing happens.

Let's say that's the way to talk. Take it and put some command into init. It is executed only once, irrespective of the ticks.

Write in there.

Throw in a graph and let me know what you get.

Now write the same thing in the start function, and throw it on the chart again. Write what you get now.

Done.

I got it.

THANKS A LOT!

:))

sergeev:

you can't find it.
But how can you find it if you can't search for it? It's a vicious circle...

i wonder how they found this thematic forum in the first place.

funny :)))

rigonich:

Whether or not to include "music".

I'm sorry... what do you mean by"Turn on or off the music"? How does it look in the code?

TarasBY:
Totally agree! You CANNOT learn EVERYTHING!!! Improve the skill (knowledge) that you do best! No offence!

would you believe it: programming is what I do best! :))))))))))

so...can I stay here? :))) and continue to improve my skills ? :)))

Reason: