MQL4 Learning - page 135

sunshineh:
Hi,

is it possible to create an object werde the objectname isn't pop up, if I put my mouse on the chart on it?

I tried the OBJPROP_HIDDEN, but that's only that my oobject name isn't in the object list, but on the chart I can see the object name...

sunshineh

No, you can not do that

Oh, that's bad because I made a button as Arrow Object and it would be really great it the info window isn't shown every time I go over this arrow. :-(

I have another question. If I draw two rectangles on my chart and both have the same color and lay on the same part of the chart.

Than in the overlaid part have no color anymore. So I think the metatrader substact the color and the result is zero. So is there a possibility to see the overlaid parts?

sunshine:
Oh, that's bad because I made a button as Arrow Object and it would be really great it the info window isn't shown every time I go over this arrow. :-(

I have another question. If I draw two rectangles on my chart and both have the same color and lay on the same part of the chart.

Than in the overlaid part have no color anymore. So I think the metatrader substact the color and the result is zero. So is there a possibility to see the overlaid parts?

sunshineh

If I am not mistaken metatrader uses XOR for color combinations of two separate objects from very long time ago and they, as far as I know, have no intention to change that, so we shall have to live with it (as far as objects are regarded)

Thanks mladen for your help and your know-how!

Do you know another solution for that. Can I find out overlaid part in a simply way?

sunshineh:
Thanks mladen for your help and your know-how! Do you know another solution for that. Can I find out overlaid part in a simply way?

Unfortunately I do not know a way for that

Hi mladen,

I am programming an ea only with the aim to analyze the market. And print my analyzing result in the deinit function.

Now I want to analyze automatically a few extern variables with the market.

But I can't optimize that analyzing ea, because it does't trade.

So I put in one trade, but than, the Print("- Messages doesn't work :-(

So how can I see the optimization / analyse results?

sunshineh:
Hi mladen,

I am programming an ea only with the aim to analyze the market. And print my analyzing result in the deinit function.

Now I want to analyze automatically a few extern variables with the market.

But I can't optimize that analyzing ea, because it does't trade.

So I put in one trade, but than, the Print("- Messages doesn't work :-(

So how can I see the optimization / analyse results?

I tested Print() in a back test right now (build 470) and it worked

Try placing test at a place in code which will for sure be executed - just in order to see if the problem is in the EA or in your build of metatrrader

Yes, Print() worked during my backtest, but not during optimization.

sunshineh:
Yes, Print() worked during my backtest, but not during optimization.

Then it is just another bug of the new metatrader

Hi mladen,

how can I shift my trendline with the following definition

ObjectCreate(ValueTop, OBJ_TREND,0,to_time_nd,i_high,from_time,i_high);

one day? For example from thursday to friday or from friday to monday.

An this should be working even over weekends...

It would be great, if you can help me!!

Reason: