MT4 memory usage - page 2

multiple charts in the mt4

Dear friends:

my mt4 become very slow, when i open multiple charts. the mt4 seems have no react to my mouse.

do you have the same problem with me?

regards

Since a couple of weeks, I've been having the same problem. Everytime when the markets started to get jumpy, on my main PC my cursor could get stuck for over 30 seconds!!! It just drove me mad , as everything was working so well before.

However, thanks to some of the comments in this thread, I've been able to resolve the problem.

The problem did not come from a dll, nor did it help to radically reduce the number of bars in chart history (if your PC has a fair amount of memory, there's no need to change the default settings), nor did the problem originate from excessive number of indicators in the experts folder (if there's too much of them, the excessive ones will just turn grey in the menu, or MT will simply not start up at all). Neither did it make any difference to do a new installation.

The problem came in fact from one of the custom indicators, which has a flaw due to multiple re-counting coding (i.e. repainting). In this case, the problem was caused by the High_Low v2 (ZigZag) indi.

Before I had no really noticeable problems with it. But a few weeks ago I started to double it 2 or 3 times on every chart, and this seriously slowed everything down.

I now found a version that solved this problem (here).

So for people who are confronted with MT slowing down, I suggest they first make a backup of their MT folder, and then start by removing all the custom indicator of the experts folder, and check one by one the indis they suspect could cause problems.

traderfx

I spoke with the IBFX people and they advised me to go into the logs files of Mt4 and delete all but the most current file, you can tell what is the most current by the date posted above the file, Mt4 saves these files for every day and they buildup using up all your memory, there a couple places they appear so be sure to delete them in each location. Remember though all but the most current day.

hi

that's right log files could slow your memory and indicator with bigger size also can make your MT4 slow

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

is it possible to increase the max bars in chart for one currency pair while leaving the other pairs with a much lower max bars in chart? Whenever I load mt4 with the max bars in chart to be 250000 then it freezes, but if I load mt4 with only 5000 bars in chart then it loads fine. I want to load one currency pair with 250000 bars in the chart while keeping the other at the minimum 5000 bars in chart. Is this possible?

EliteJ:
is it possible to increase the max bars in chart for one currency pair while leaving the other pairs with a much lower max bars in chart? Whenever I load mt4 with the max bars in chart to be 250000 then it freezes, but if I load mt4 with only 5000 bars in chart then it loads fine. I want to load one currency pair with 250000 bars in the chart while keeping the other at the minimum 5000 bars in chart. Is this possible?

Seems hard to do because max bars is a global variable.

New Platform Problem

Hello all,

I noticed that the new version of MT4 taking longer time to connect to the server. I use Alpari UK and it takes almost double time to connect when I launch the terminal. is there anyone noticed this issue?

Best Regards!

check on your broker website if there are more platforms offering shorter time connecting to networks or particular services avoiding this kind of troubles improving trader performances.

Reason: