MT4 and Multiple Monitors

I have 3 monitors setup and i have been trying to put different charts on the different monitors with no success, you can take the market watch, navigator ect out of the main parent window but it wont let you drag the charts out onto the next screen.... is there i way around this or a 3rd party app that will enable me to remove the child windows from the parent window, i have also tried running multiple instances of mt4 but it wont let me.

thanks guys.

You can take the platform and stretch it out to all 3 screens. I have 4 monitors, 2 on top of 2 and I have the platform stretched over all 4 of them. Grab the lower left side of the software. I am attaching an image.

Then you can resize the charts to fit however you want to. You could use one monitor for your TERMINAL and MARKET WATCH area and the other 2 for charts.

You wont regret going to multiple monitors. A part time or long term trader can get by with one monitor, but someone trading for a living should use multiple monitors.

Files:
stretch.png  12 kb

thanks man

Thanks man, what hardware setup ar you running to get 4 monitors?

also do you use programs like ultramon ect?

thanks.

How do you guys set up anyway? 1 computer to 4 monitors or 4 computers to 4 monitors?

One computer = 4 monitors.

I had 6 monitors on it last year. I installed 2 dual 256MB video cards in this system. The program that comes on the disk with the video card works fine for the monitors. I have not had a problem with the set-up. I use a couple of them for charts and have our trade room open in one. If I am not logged into the trade room, I have the MT4 platform stretched out to all 4 monitors.

At the office I only have 2 19" wide monitors and it feels bare. I will probably add 2 more monitors there as well.

There are cards out there that will handle more than just 2 monitors. They normally come with a larger price tag.

MD

Faultyboy:
I have 3 monitors setup and i have been trying to put different charts on the different monitors with no success, you can take the market watch, navigator ect out of the main parent window but it wont let you drag the charts out onto the next screen.... is there i way around this or a 3rd party app that will enable me to remove the child windows from the parent window, i have also tried running multiple instances of mt4 but it wont let me. thanks guys.

You can install many MT as you want, just be careful in choose a different directory for everyone.

C:\MT4_1

C:\MT4_2

C:\MT4_3

C:\MT4_4

Create the shortcuts for every exe and you have 4 MT ready to run.

multiple instances here works including accessing same account but I am using linux.

Multiple Monitor on XP2

Hi All,

I have problem to install second monitor.

I'm using XP2 second edition.

I don't have a problem with W98 or 2000.

XP can not recognise VGA driver and monitor.

It is mister for me...

Thanks

Bongo

I just added a 36" second screen, XP had every thing did not need drivers. If you left click on your desk top >>> properties >>> settings tab Then click on the second screen icon it will let you set the second monitor. then click on the Advanced button >>>> Graphics tab will bring up another dialog box there you can set how you want the second monitor used. besure to set the setting in this dialog the same as the settings you used on the desk top dialog. It took me a couple of times to get it right. also when your inthe advanced dialog click on monitor and I think that should be set to your countrys Hertz setting in the us its 60 Hertz but in some countrys its 50 Hertz. It took serveral trys to get it the way I wanted it.

Bongo:
Hi All,

I have problem to install second monitor.

I'm using XP2 second edition.

I don't have a problem with W98 or 2000.

XP can not recognise VGA driver and monitor.

It is mister for me...

Thanks

Bongo
Reason: