Emily_v8 - page 3

yeoeleven:
Have had no errors and the EA is now being forward tested on IBFX Mini $240 account opening at .06 with the progression .18. Started on GBPUSD then added EURUSD after I saw the modification to the trade by creating a SL and further modifying it as the trade progressed.

Early days and will be interested to see how the EA handles the closure of a progression in profit and a progression against it. The first SL has now been hit and the trade closed but that was a single trade with no ramifications of a second trade in loss.

Initial thoughts suggest that this EA will be safe. Thanks cocoracas for sharing.

GIF attached showing the Journal thus far.

John

Did you download new version 207 of MT4 on IBFX?

FXDD still error.

Bongo:
Did you download new version 207 of MT4 on IBFX? FXDD still error.

Yes and dont have ant problem

Results better with higly trending pairs. Just increasing the pipspace to 50 or more.

Anyone can decrease the initial lot size?. Actual Ea begin with too huge initial lot.

Anyone ?

Files:

Well all I can say is, I put it on my Demo Account yesterday, and its in profit today, which is a first for somebody elses EA, so congratulations on a good start. Can you explain how Emily works, my programming skills are not as good as they need to be

But it seems to be receiving some praise here, so well done on some good work.

fxnewbie:
Results better with higly trending pairs. Just increasing the pipspace to 50 or more.

Anyone can decrease the initial lot size?. Actual Ea begin with too huge initial lot.

Anyone ?

I'am not programmer; but try this.

ps: be aware it's a dangerous EA.

Files:
emily_v8_2.mq4  13 kb

Flytox:
I'am not programmer; but try this. ps: be aware it's a dangerous EA.

It is a dangerous EA as it now stands. The only way it might work is if you are certain of the trend and supervise it in any live trading. I would not use it in a live acct. ever, unless someone can do some more work on it! I will try this last one on a Demo, to see if it bites less. Thanks Flytox! IMO

Flytox:
I'am not programmer; but try this. ps: be aware it's a dangerous EA.

Much safer now, tks,!!

Yes, it is dangerous. Never to use without constant supervision. But very rewarding if you catch a trend.

fxnewbie:

Anyone ?

Hi fxnewbie

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!

What do you need now? do you need decrease the initialLot size???

Regards

cocoracas:
Hi fxnewbie

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!

What do you need now? do you need decrease the initialLot size???

Regards

Nope, I got it now, Tks. Just like I suspect, decreasing initial lot and increasing pipspace leads to a safest EA, but profit drops dramatically.

I am not even closer to the best . Just trying to prove the point that the best way to use this EA is as a helper in your trades, not letting the EA be the trader.

Example: you choose a higly trending pair like GBP-Us and look at bigger TF like 1 hour of 4 hour (or daly), the most confortable to you to determine a clear trend. You can use for that the indys you trust most (I use SMA 50 and 5, superwoodie CCI and heiken-ashi smoothed). Once I have a clear trend, I place Emily in 5 min. TF with big pipspace (I use a minimun of 30 for euro-us and 50 for gbp-us) and watch if the EA places the trade in the right direction, following the trend determined by the indys in the bigger TF. If it does, I leave it to trade, allways watching carefully the news release ahead. If the trend changes, close the trade manually. Thats why big pipstep is useful, coz leave plenty of time to do that without letting the EA open bigger counter trend trade in the wrong direction, making the close of the trade more painful.

I have backtested Emily following this rules, catching latest big trends (thats why backtest seem soo good).

You may think that even with constant supervision this EA is dangerous and is true. You can catch a big trend once or twice in a year, but that can be enough for this EA. Catching only one big trend in a year, you account can grow skyroketting 400% or 2000%. If you play with an acount like $ 20.000, you can be rich catching 2 big trends in one year ( or in a couple of month if you are lucky), instead of growing slowly during maybe years and thousands of hours in front of the pc screen to archive the same result.

Its gambling ? Yes, but with bigger chances to win if you are in constant supervision of the EA. Anyway, trading Forex its somehow a kind of gamble too. The difference is that you try to minimize the risk following some rules you have discovered or learned, but you never really know.

If you look at the 4 hour chart in gbp-us, you will see at least 3 opportunitys to archieve the above during current year.

Reason: