Need ea for System I am have developed - page 7

gnllr:
I haven't done any optimization on other pairs but I did my own backtest for 2007 (using original rules). I'm using North Finance which is GMT+2. While certainly profitable, my results weren't nearly as good as previously posted. Also, I tested EURJPY instead of CADJPY becuase NF doesn't have it on my demo account. EURJPY had no losses for year to date.

2007 Results YTD (including spread):

GBPUSD: 19 trades, 442 pips, 3 losses, 100 pip PT reached 4 times

GBPJPY: 17 trades, 301 pips, 3 losses, 100 pip PT reached 5 times

USDCHF: 19 trades, 252 pips, 4 losses, 100 PT reached 3 times

EURJPY: 18 trades, 760 pips, 0 losses, 100 PT reached 4 times

Totals (all 4 pairs):

Jan: 345 pips, 11 trades

Feb: 402 pips, 13 trades

Mar: 41 pips, 8 trades

Apr: 485 pips, 9 trades

May: -275 pips, 11 trades

Jun: 813 pips, 14 trades

Jul: -56 pips, 7 trades so far

SUM: 1410 Total Pip profit, 73 Total Trades (16 at the 100 TP)

AVG: 235 pips/month, 10.4 trades/month

235 pips/month is a decent return.

Gnllr

Could you post a test report?

What was the maximum drawdown for all 4 pairs combined?

El cID

Backtest Data

forexking and el cid,

I've attached a zip file with my backtest data (excel spreadsheet) on all 4 pairs, complete with an equity curve. I've only been using the EA for the last 5 trades. The rest of the backtest was done manually.

It appears using equity-based money management, risking 5% per trade (my data indicates that this system wins 86% of the time, so I've increased my risk a little.)

, that my max drawdown since the beginning of 2007 was 27.15%. However, the total ROI was approximately 138%.

I'm changing brokers to FXDD and once my account is established, I'll be going live with this system. Then we can all post our trades in real time!

wpaten, are you trading live?

Best of trading to you all!

Glen

Files:
backtest2.zip  16 kb

Another 100 pips on GBPUSD...

wpaten, First, thanks for the strategy. I have just read through the entire thread and still find some of the rules unclear. The SL\TP aspect is fine though.

First off, I'm assuming that you are not closing the trade EOD - it will either hit the SL or TP (this hasn't been stated explicitly).

After 3 bull candles, you enter on the 4'th and lets say, you get +100 pips the same day. You state that you do not re-enter even though technically on day 5 you will have 3 bull candles - that's fine. You then state that 3 Bear bars allows you to re-enter in the opposite direction - does this mean that you ALWAYS trade alternate directions (BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL etc.) per currency pair or would a BUY (for example) run 'restart' if say 1 bear candle followed your +100 pip win above?

This info is essential to program the strategy correctly. I hav e tried a few variations but the results don't match your live results - my bad obviously

Reason: