ATC 2010: How to Write an Expert Advisor and Not to Violate the Championship Rules - page 2

Why nobody has answered these questions yet?

Please give some sample code for folloe thr rules of Championship 2010.

It is not easy to code since using position, order, and deal to manage order in mql5, and some functions like ordertotal() not always work right.

for example, iinsdie Ontrade() function,   ordertotal()  always return  0 at test mode.

So wish MT can give some basecode to check the relation of  counts of  positions, orders, and deals with rules of  Championship

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties - Documentation on MQL5

maariuszn:

Why nobody has answered these questions yet?
what questions do you mean?

I want to be absolute sure.

If i want make 15 lot order i have to send free order with 5lots at the same tick event,  yes?

Now i  have one (assume buy) 15 lot position. If then I want to close  I have to send three times sellOrder with  5 lots volume or can I send one sellOrder with 15 lots volume?

Rule 15 lot amount by symbol at one time is ok but why is 5 lot limit i don't understand?   

Hi,

could you define what is considered to be scalping? I know what it means; trading quickly, closing positions on small profits. But small is relative. What size of profit do you consider as small? 5, 10 pips or 15 pips? 

So if my profit per trade is never less than 15 pips, my strategy wouldn't be categorized as scalping, am I right? The rules mention "within the spread", does it mean that if the spread is 2-3 pips than it's okay to take 5-10 pips in profit per trade?

And I have another question regarding III./1: "Programs are accepted in compiled files *.EX5, as well as in their original format". So I don't have to submit the source, it's enough to upload the compiled ex5 file?

Thanks,
Balázs

What does it mean?

"Make a minimum of 5 non-demo trades in the first 8 months of testing (2010.01.01 - 2010.09.01) and in the 3 months of the contest."

especially " 5 non-demo trades in the first 8 months of testing (2010.01.01 - 2010.09.01)" is not clear.

Could you also explain this:

"The Stop Out level (for forced closure of positions) is 50%."

I wonder how expert advisors are tested in so called preliminary testing e.g. what is the testing period

thanks in advance

kgo:

I want to be absolute sure.

If i want make 15 lot order i have to send free order with 5lots at the same tick event,  yes?

Now i  have one (assume buy) 15 lot position. If then I want to close  I have to send three times sellOrder with  5 lots volume or can I send one sellOrder with 15 lots volume?

Yes, to open a position of 15 lots you should send three orders of 5 lots each. To close a position of 15 lots you should sell three opposite orders of 5 lots each. The limitation doesn't work only if a position is closed by Stop Loss/Take Profit.

balazs321:
Hi,

could you define what is considered to be scalping? I know what it means; trading quickly, closing positions on small profits. But small is relative. What size of profit do you consider as small? 5, 10 pips or 15 pips? 

So if my profit per trade is never less than 15 pips, my strategy wouldn't be categorized as scalping, am I right? The rules mention "within the spread", does it mean that if the spread is 2-3 pips than it's okay to take 5-10 pips in profit per trade?

And I have another question regarding III./1: "Programs are accepted in compiled files *.EX5, as well as in their original format". So I don't have to submit the source, it's enough to upload the compiled ex5 file?

Thanks,
Balázs

About scalping: yes, the situation you described is ok.

About EX5: yes, it's enough to send your ex5 file.

maariuszn:

What does it mean?

"Make a minimum of 5 non-demo trades in the first 8 months of testing (2010.01.01 - 2010.09.01) and in the 3 months of the contest."

especially " 5 non-demo trades in the first 8 months of testing (2010.01.01 - 2010.09.01)" is not clear.

Could you also explain this:

"The Stop Out level (for forced closure of positions) is 50%."

I wonder how expert advisors are tested in so called preliminary testing e.g. what is the testing period

"non-demo trades" means sensible trades, trades that are performed due to your trade strategy but not the ones performed just to comply with the rules.

If the amount of free margin falls below 50% your opened positions will be forcedly closed until the free margin level becomes higher than 50%.

Testing period is from 2010.01.01 to 2010.09.01

Reason: