Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 80

Pava:
Mladen...is it possible to add ability to be shifted to this indicator?

Here is a version with a shift added : stochastic_2_amp_shift.ex4

mladen:
A different way of calculating stochastic (it was about time)

When stochastic is used they are trying to filter out false signals using the stochastic smoothing. This one is different. It has that same smoothing as the stochastic has, but I recommend that it is not used with this one. Instead use price filtering (smoothing). The reason is simple : smoothing of stochastic adds lag, and in a lot of cases, does not filter out false signals. Here is one comparison (with same settings but the price filtering applied instead of stochastic smoothing) - decide which one is more accurate and more responsive to price changes :

The indicator : stochastic_2.ex4

PS: setting the smoothing factor for prices to 1 will give exactly the same values for the stochastic as the built in stochastic

Multi time frame version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page602

Files:

mladen:
Here is a version with a shift added : stochastic_2_amp_shift.ex4

Thank you.............

Pava:
Thank you.............

Out of curiosity : how do you use shift in that indicator (I mean, when using it for trading)?

mladen:
Out of curiosity : how do you use shift in that indicator (I mean, when using it for trading)?

I made a mistake ...Thought it would lead to something...nope...

Pava:

I was wondering

Pava:

Possible idea (that is how Johm Ehlers does the signals) : orange - signal period 0, shift 0, green signal period 0, shift 2. When the two cross, it is a signal (so using second stochastic instead of signal line)

Files:
sto.gif  61 kb

mladen:
Possible idea (that is how Johm Ehlers does the signals) : orange - signal period 0, shift 0, green signal period 0, shift 2. When the two cross, it is a signal (so using second stochastic instead of signal line)

I came up with same...but it did not make me go WOW!

Pava:
I came up with same...but it did not make me go WOW!

I know. Better to use it with fixed levels and signal line combination

is their a stoch cross above or below a moving average indicator, say if the price is above a 50 ma then it would alert crosses up or if below would alert crosses down, on current would be great, i cant seem to find one, thanks

Reason: