How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - page 68

downunderdave40
downunderdave40  

Thank You

cja:
I have altered the indicator so that you can now alter the width, color or style of the lines, however each timeframe must be loaded separately, set each timeframe and line atributes as you load them, if you need to change a color or style or timeframe from an already loaded indicator just delete the lines using the object delete select the indicator on the chart in the normal manner then alter the inputs and then change timeframes and the colors styles etc will update.

it no longer appears to affect any text or extra lines put on the chart and the only side issue is that when you remove the indicator from the chart it does not delete the lines you have to delete them manually thru the objects function. I have tested it on the Strategy tester and everything seems to update correctly. This is all i could do without recoding the whole indicator but it seems to work OK.

support_resistance_v1.mq4

Hi CJA,

Thanks so much for doing that change. This is just what I was looking for. If I may, would it require alot of additional work to have the indicator remove the lines when you delete and reload the indicator? One of the reasons I wanted to use this indicator is because it would save me time drawing the lines manually. If it's not an easy fix I can live with it. The other thing I noticed is when you try to apply the indicator to only one time frame using the visualization tab it still places the lines on all time frames. Is it possible to fix that? My intent was to load the indicator on the platform to 3 time frames, 60, 240 and 1440. What I would like to do is apply say the 60 min S&R lines to the 15 and 60 minute charts, the 240 min S&R to the 60 and 240 minute charts. It would be great if you or some one else could make that change. Again, thank you for your efforts. I think this will be a really useful indicator for alot of people once all of the parameters are user definable.

Dave

ccjjaa
ccjjaa  
downunderdave40:
Hi CJA,

Thanks so much for doing that change. This is just what I was looking for. If I may, would it require alot of additional work to have the indicator remove the lines when you delete and reload the indicator? One of the reasons I wanted to use this indicator is because it would save me time drawing the lines manually. If it's not an easy fix I can live with it. The other thing I noticed is when you try to apply the indicator to only one time frame using the visualization tab it still places the lines on all time frames. Is it possible to fix that? My intent was to load the indicator on the platform to 3 time frames, 60, 240 and 1440. What I would like to do is apply say the 60 min S&R lines to the 15 and 60 minute charts, the 240 min S&R to the 60 and 240 minute charts. It would be great if you or some one else could make that change. Again, thank you for your efforts. I think this will be a really useful indicator for alot of people once all of the parameters are user definable.

Dave

I think if the delete function can be fixed then the visulization will as well, i will have another look as time permits

cja

downunderdave40
downunderdave40  

Thanks

cja:
I think if the delete function can be fixed then the visulization will as well, i will have another look as time permits cja

Hi Cja,

Thanks a heap. I think that alot of people on this forum will like this indicator, once it's user definable.

Dave

Michael B
Michael B  
Linuxser
Linuxser  
haley
haley  
et_phonehome_2
et_phonehome_2  

Check out these links: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177227

Support & Resistance Basics

You can also find indicators here which plot the S/R for you....

haley
haley  
Linuxser
Linuxser  
haley
haley  
Linuxser:
Hi, Both posts moved to SR thread.

Hello where can I find the s/r thread and why did my post get moved, and no one answered my question?