Rsi Ea - page 8

Rsi Ea MAXRISK

I tested the maximumrisk setting on a backtest with a 3000 account and adjusted it to begin with 0.60 lots, which it did and each time a profit came it adjusted it correctly (@.10 lot per $500). However when I engaged it on my live account with a balance of $3000 it brought 0.72 lots.

The only reason I can think of is that my real account is in Australian dollars and that must mess up the lots cal on the EA. I remembered I had this problem on another EA that had a lots cal factor that calculated it in US dollars.

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks,

Bill.

EventHorizon:
I tested the maximumrisk setting on a backtest with a 3000 account and adjusted it to begin with 0.60 lots, which it did and each time a profit came it adjusted it correctly (@.10 lot per $500). However when I engaged it on my live account with a balance of $3000 it brought 0.72 lots.

The only reason I can think of is that my real account is in Australian dollars and that must mess up the lots cal on the EA. I remembered I had this problem on another EA that had a lots cal factor that calculated it in US dollars.

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks,

Bill.

Bill

The lot size depends on the tick value too. If the tick value is different, the lot size calculated will be different too

You are right on mladen. I put the figure in from my IBFX testing not my Alpari testing which is what I am live trading. thanks man.

Hi Guys.

I have a problem. On my live accounts, I have the RSI set to 26 to make a buy trade below, on IBFX it works, But on Alpari, it seems to be taking buys at about rsi 29. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill.

EventHorizon:
Hi Guys.

I have a problem. On my live accounts, I have the RSI set to 26 to make a buy trade below, on IBFX it works, But on Alpari, it seems to be taking buys at about rsi 29. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill.

Bill

Check the exact values of rsi at those bars (using data window). It should (the level cross) not depend on brokers

I am using the hourly chart so the data window only shows the RSI for the hour. Not sure how to see what the RSI was at the exact time of pacing the trade.

I have checked two live accounts I have at Alpari, both running the RSI EA with long below 26 rsi set, both show a minimum RSI on the bar of the trade time of slightly over 29 rsi. So there is some sort of weird thing going on with Alpari. On my live IBFX account with the same settings, there was no trade made.

The only think I can think of is that I had the alpari charts on line chart. Maybe it needs bar chart to do it right.

IBFX was on line chart as well and it didn't make the early trade, so its not the problem that the chart was on line not bar. .

I have now set one of my Alpari EA's at 26rsi, and the other at 23rsi, since it seems to be taking trades 3 points above at 29, in stead of the set 26, I will see if a setting of 23 makes it actually take the trade at the 26 rsi. Could be that Alpari is just fuked up.

EventHorizon:
IBFX was on line chart as well and it didn't make the early trade, so its not the problem that the chart was on line not bar. . I have now set one of my Alpari EA's at 26rsi, and the other at 23rsi, since it seems to be taking trades 3 points above at 29, in stead of the set 26, I will see if a setting of 23 makes it actually take the trade at the 26 rsi. Could be that Alpari is just fuked up.

Bill

This is the line used to find out the rsi for entering positions :

double vla = iRSI(s_symbol,0,RsiPeriod,PRICE_CLOSE,bar);

If you use default parameters it will check the first closed bars for rsi value (not the current bar) so when you check the rsi values you should check the bar pointed by the "bar" parameter. Other than that, there is nothing unusual regarding rsi values and there is no modifier of values. Levels you define using "longAbove" and "shortBelow" should be honored. Also, check the "longCloseAbove" and shortCloseBelow" parameters (if they are overlapping with open signals levels values)

Thanks for that. There is something weird going on for sure. I have just backtested on demo account and RSI trade is correct. Also, I just sat for awhile on forward testing an demo, and also, RSI trade was placed correctly. But as I said, on my two live alpari accounts the buys were made when the minimum of every bar in sight was a bit above 29RSI, and the trade was taken even though I had set longs below 26 RSI.

I am not using "longCloseAbove" and shortCloseBelow", just take longs below 26 and a take profit. Nothing else. I am pulling my hair out a bit. I will wait and see how the settings I now have set (23 on one and 26 on the other). As crazy as it sounds, it looks like when trading live accounts on Alpari, you must set the RSI 3 points below what you want.

Reason: