Indicator for margin level

hi

How does one calculate 'margin level'.?

I want to open the maximum number of positions I can using different stratergies - but i don't quite know when to stop opening. When 'margin level' = 50%?

If I know how to calculate margin level then I can determine what my 'margin level' will be if all my positions hit their 'Stop losses'. So I can continue adding positions until this calc returns 50%.

maximum margin

which mt 4 broker is allowing the maximum leverage?

my strategy requires to be traded with 15 pips max as stoploss ,so on mini a/c i want to trade by giving 15 usd as margin..

i dont want to block more funds,bec'z it will affect my return on capital.........

I don't think something like that exists. If you have a leverage of 1:400 that's still 25$ of margin for a mini lot.

There are some spreadbetting firms like Finspreads that allow "orders aware marginig", i think this is how they call it. So the margin required will be smaller if you have a stop loss in place. But i don't know if you can ever get down to 15$.

thank u

eric79:
I don't think something like that exists. If you have a leverage of 1:400 that's still 25$ of margin for a mini lot. There are some spreadbetting firms like Finspreads that allow "orders aware marginig", i think this is how they call it. So the margin required will be smaller if you have a stop loss in place. But i don't know if you can ever get down to 15$.

thank you eric 79 for the info,but still i cant understand why there should be a margin for stoploss orders

indicator for margin level

Hello traders and programmers,

Does there exist a indicator who allows to follow the margin level with mt4?

Thank

New tool to monitor current margin and more

I made an interesting tool for systems that use any kind of progression, especially useful for martingale systems.

Its free for use.

It prints comments in the upper left corner of the chart.

Those comments contain:

account balance

account equity

current margin

max margin it had ever seen

Time! And date of the last tick it had seen.

Max margin it had ever seen is written into an external file, the file is generated when you start and error 4103 is generated before it. If you got only 1 error 4103, then everything is fine. It is generated because we try to read a file that does not exist. But once we get any margin that is higher than 0, the file is generated. It will be re-written each time a new margin is archived.

I don't want to upload it twice, you'll find it here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177543

Its code is uploaded, feel free to use! Its written in such a way that you can easily copy it into any expert. Its a very useful tool.

What denotes margin ussage?

I have two different EA's running same lot sizes. One EA that has more lots open right now with Stoplosses of like 3 hundredes and only claims to be using 40 of my margin and another EA running that only has a few orders open with Stoplosses of 30pip but says most of my margin is used and cannot place any more trade. I don't get it ?? The one that says my margin is used up has leverage of 1:100 and the other is using 1:200. Does that make a big difference?

That's the reason. If you get 1x200 leverage, then your margin requirement will be twice smaller than with 1x100. Stoploss size has nothing to do with margin, all that counts is leverage, open lots and floating profit / loss.

mrv:
That's the reason. If you get 1x200 leverage, then your margin requirement will be twice smaller than with 1x100. Stoploss size has nothing to do with margin, all that counts is leverage, open lots and floating profit / loss.

Ok, thanks

Margin

i'm a newbie. I've been reading informations here and there and taking lessons for learning basics of the forex market. In the middle of my reading, I came to understand what Usable Margin is, Now what makes me confuse about is the Used Margin.. What is the difference between the two in the first place?

Thanks!

Margin calls?

I know that stops are not guaranteed. If the market makes a major move against you and the stop cannot be honored, you can loose your account. But, how often is a true margin call? Meaning, the broker has liquidated your account and still wants more money from you to cover the move against you. Ever happen? Rare? All the time?

If it does happen, what means do they use to enforce it? If you say too bad, you ain't paying, what do they do?

Reason: