Multi EA - page 7

What exactly do you want to change?

Is it me or does it always stop working if balance gets bigger than 200k?

It surely does for me on all the 3 main pairs - gbp/usd, eur/usd and usd/chf

As soon as the balance gets bigger than 200k - its done...

To be exact - it stops when it gets 20 lots

confirmed that. I changed MM formula but it still stops when it gets to 20 lots...

Demo testing results - -117 dollars right from the start (don't know about pips, GBP, 0,9 lots)

Can't get it work faster, can't backtest in a usual way - it doesn't work after reaching 20 lots.

The backtest doesn't look bad but few weeks ago there was quite a fall - around 10-15% with 0.01 risk. I don't want to think what would it be with 0.05 risk...

5AM??? Its a working day here already (8AM)! Wake up already, sleepy heads!!! Another forex day has started!!!

if (OTFTime != iTime(Symbol(),0,1))

{

CalcBSI();

OTFTime = iTime(Symbol(),0,1);

}

doesn't change anything in ver.2.0

Hello,

Just one word : superb !

Thank's for this EA.

Michel

repaint

The problem is from

1. repaint of indicator. If market is inactive the indicator goes around 50 line

which make all the trades the lossing trades. If one refresh chart later he may find repainting of indicator which shows he should have winning trade.

2. shift of indicator used in EA is set to 0 so that it is often change between both side of 50 line before the bar finished. This will make all the lossing trades too. If one change shift to the finished bar 1. The backtesting of EA will have downward line.

jimmyking:
The problem is from

1. repaint of indicator. If market is inactive the indicator goes around 50 line

which make all the trades the lossing trades. If one refresh chart later he may find repainting of indicator which shows he should have winning trade.

2. shift of indicator used in EA is set to 0 so that it is often change between both side of 50 line before the bar finished. This will make all the lossing trades too. If one change shift to the finished bar 1. The backtesting of EA will have downward line.

And thats exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks for telling!

Warning: this EA will wipe out your depo, it repaints itself. On the backtest it means it looks into the future.

I've been thinking about it since I noticed that only the deals opened at the start of an hour were successful, others were losing trades.

It doesn't mean that if you limit it to start of the bar you'll succeed. It means you'll have no money on the balance in a month.

The best backtest you can get from this system using the shift of 1 instead of 0 (I added some things to the code and enabled working during 6-18)

Otherwise you'll get a straight diagonal line going down.

A pity, it looked promising.

Files:

Shinigami:
And thats exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks for telling!

Warning: this EA will wipe out your depo, it repaints itself. On the backtest it means it looks into the future.

I've been thinking about it since I noticed that only the deals opened at the start of an hour were successful, others were losing trades.

It doesn't mean that if you limit it to start of the bar you'll succeed. It means you'll have no money on the balance in a month.

I get winning trades only in fast market conditions (when volume increases). Maybe changing the indicator will be more profitable and reliable? I vote for williams %. Or maybe just adding a filter like Damiani ?

But I think the EA concept is great.

fxnewbie:
I get winning trades only in fast market conditions (when volume increases). Maybe changing the indicator will be more profitable and reliable? I vote for williams %. Or maybe just adding a filter like Damiani ? But I think the EA concept is great.

The EA concept based on redrawing indicator will always be the best - straight up and almost no down. You've seen the picture when it stops redrawing.

williams % won't change that.

What is Damiani?

Shinigami:
The EA concept based on redrawing indicator will always be the best - straight up and almost no down. You've seen the picture when it stops redrawing.

williams % won't change that.

What is Damiani?

Damiani volatmeter.

Very good to identify lower volatility- choppy. The EA almost recover my loses today. I will keep testing, but switching the EA ON only when news come close.

Files:

I'll be looking into your indicator but for now - during the night it lost even more than it made during the day. I'm getting a stable opinion about this system - a backtest winner and real-life loser.

Shinigami:
I'll be looking into your indicator but for now - during the night it lost even more than it made during the day. I'm getting a stable opinion about this system - a backtest winner and real-life loser.

C'mon Shinigami, don't give up so quickly . You have very good ideas.

The way I think this can work is to switch on the EA to trade only when Damiani volatmeter (green) is above gray. That means volatility, and that is the time when this EA usually makes profit. Damiani is probably one of the best indicators availables to isolate slow market and you can adjust his sensibility by changing the threshold_level. I agree with you that in slow market, this EA is a killer. But in fast market I think can be valuable.

Switch OFF the EA until Damiani recommend to trade again.

Reason: