Can somebody give me a EA that makes money? - page 11

holyguy7:
Here are the backtest results of the EA in question. It has 99% backtesting quality but it requires at least a micro account to get it to work. If you have 10K, you need at a broker that will allow you to open trades at .01 (1 microlot). Or if you have 1K, you can use IBFX mini-account that uses nanolots. (.01 lots on mini account).

Sounds to me very much like a Martingale strategy. Microlots give you plenty of opportunities to double your lots before your account blows up! What other reason would there be to have such small lots to start?

ryanklefas:
Oh yeah? Well, I was a girlscout AND a boyscout.

Man I worry about you sometimes.

jimven:
Sounds to me very much like a Martingale strategy. Microlots give you plenty of opportunities to double your lots before your account blows up! What other reason would there be to have such small lots to start?

Dude, martingale really need the stomach to absorb the losses sometimes. I will never suggest people that using martingale as the entire trading capacity. Part of the portfolio is fine. May be 5 ~ 10% of your total fund size a locate to martingale system, even if it wipe out, you wont feel the pain directly poke through your heart. Drawdown 76%? So what? Life goes on, set and forget!

Regards

David

Files:
crashed.gif  6 kb
crashed.htm  391 kb

We are talking what now?

I am the chimpanzee astronaut put in space by the Soviets back in the 60's. Does that carry any weight?

It's probably double the IQ of our fireman.

Good Times!!!

Cornholio Fahrquhar:
" that might make me rich without ever having to care about trading "

Corn-hole,

Let me assure you that it won't. I would explain why, but due to your lack of comprehension in regards to trading the markets, you would not understand anyways.

P.S.

Thank you for the entertaining thread... one of the finest I've read in a while.

@

Ryan,

Checked out the new SA version... looking better all the time. I hope you still plan on implementing that hedge feature. You do that, and you're officially my hero. By the way, now that's an EA that makes money... but only because it closes the trades, and doesn't open them. (You picking up what I'm dropping Corn-hole... I hope so)

My backtest quality

And once again, I have you all beaten. I don't even know why you still try...

PS: My backtester can see into the future

davidke20:
Yes, 99% modelling quality can be done. There is a script around the bit of the corner in TSD to collect tick data from your broker. After collecting tick data, you'll need to run backtest without RECALCULATE or you'll destroy the tick data. This will give you 99% modelling quality. EVEN M1 can be done with high quality backtest. And the editting of the backtest statement is very entertaining. Should have put 200% instead, that would be even more entertaining

Regards

David

Can you point me to that script please.

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Can you point me to that script please. Thanks

http://www.forexmt4.com/_MT4_Experts/

Look for an EA called "Ticklogger"

holyguy7:
Here are the backtest results of the EA in question. It has 99% backtesting quality

99%??

THATS CRAP!!!

I HAVE 102% MODELLING QUALITY!!!

maximum modeling quality for metatrader 4 is 90% for TFs higher than M1 and 25% for M1

Files:
backtest.rar  110 kb

Shinigami:
99%??

THATS CRAP!!!

I HAVE 102% MODELLING QUALITY!!!

maximum modeling quality for metatrader 4 is 90% for TFs higher than M1 and 25% for M1

Yes, 99% modelling quality can be done. There is a script around the bit of the corner in TSD to collect tick data from your broker. After collecting tick data, you'll need to run backtest without RECALCULATE or you'll destroy the tick data. This will give you 99% modelling quality. EVEN M1 can be done with high quality backtest. And the editting of the backtest statement is very entertaining. Should have put 200% instead, that would be even more entertaining

Regards

David

Reason: