New EA based on the !xMeter - page 6

salohang:
Example Maxspread = 2

if the spread > 2 the EA will not trade

it is used to protect you during news

so normally Eur/Usd will be set as 4 , when news come out the spread is 9

EA will not place any order

Exactly.

et_phonehome_2, yes MAXSPREAD is the maximum difference between the BID and ASK you allow to enter a trade.

FerruFx:
Thanks EbenB for your great comments! And thanks Dm35 and Salohang.

Hi Guys,

I am not so sure that everybody knows how to use this EA/ Indicator to its full potential. The first time I saw it, I discarded it as just another one. I am sure many others will do the same. What a pitty!

I will want to demo it first for a while. Then I will post my live trades to show those interested the efficiency and power of this indicator.

Thanks again FerruFx and all the others for working together on this one.

EbenB:
Thanks again FerruFx

At first, it's Rlinac who is the creator of this fabulous indicator (the !xMeter).

I use it for my EA.

FerruFx

Multi-pairs

I made some modification to support difference pairs. please try!

I am not very good at programming and never write MT4 before. Hope I not making any mistakes

Files:

Thanks Goldenchau!

You are quicker than me. I just finished mine ...

... I'll come back with.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
Thanks Goldenchau!

You are quicker than me. I just finished mine ...

... I'll come back with.

FerruFx

I am very green in writing EA, not quite confidence with my work, better to stick with yours if you have finished the same

Thanks FerruFx sharing the EA,

I think this is good potential, I always interest in something like correlation pairs.

The current EA decide trade like this

if EUR >= HighLevel and USD <=LowLevel , we buy

if USD >=HighLevel and EUR <=LowLevel, we sell

I wonder if we believe the Market is Neutral, should we reverse the trading signal?

goldenchau:
Thanks FerruFx sharing the EA,

I think this is good potential, I always interest in something like correlation pairs.

The current EA decide trade like this

if EUR >= HighLevel and USD <=LowLevel , we buy

if USD >=HighLevel and EUR <=LowLevel, we sell

I wonder if we believe the Market is Neutral, should we reverse the trading signal?

Yes i can make a "Reverse" version.

FerruFx

Thanks FurruFx, the new version is brillant.

I observe the trade for a while,

JPY at highlevel and EUR at low level for sometime.

The EA trigger the first order sell EURJPY , it reach the TP and close the trade,

The currency strength level remain unchange, the EA trigger another trade immediately another SELL order EURJPY with a lower TP. This move made the first close order TP meaningless but lossing spread.

Let's think about the exit criteria, so that the EA will not jump into another trade in the same direction immediately.

e.g.

price >= TP AND

!(JPY >= Highlevel-0.5 AND EUR <= Lowlevel+0.5)

When the EA load up, it trigger order because of the currency index doesn't load up yet, I added somthing like this to avoid wild fire!

EUR_USD == true && eur >= HighLevel_EURUSD && usd <= LowLevel_EURUSD && eur > 0 && usd > 0

Reason: