EA based on Heiken Ashi

Hi all.

I am looking for someone that can help me create an EA based on Heiken Ashi MA indicator.

Here is a list of the requirements:

MaMetod: 1

MaPeriod: 15

Timeframe: 4H

blue=>long, red=short

LONG when ashi Bar is BLUE, exit when ashi Bar is RED

SHORT when ashi Bar is RED, exit when ashi Bar is BLUE

No Stop Loss, No TP Target

for example --- GBP/USD:

if current ashi bar BLUE at 0.00 GMT (2.000), the EA place LONG order at 2.000.. then at 8.00GMT the ashi bar turns RED (1.9950), close the trade at 1.9950 with -50pips loss. At the same time place SHORT order at 1.9950, then at 16.00GMT the ashi bar turns BLUE (1.9850), close the trade at 1.9850 with 100pips profit, at the same time place LONG order at 1.9850

Thanks in advance

Files:

HAma EA - not as simple as it may seem

I have attached a simple EA based on your strategy.

If you back or forward test it you'll see that things are not that simple.

You'll need to find a better exit strategy (i.e. trailing stop or take profit plus a stop loss).

Hope this helps you out.

Files:
hama3.mq4  4 kb

Hi..

Thanks alot for developing this EA.

How can I make this EA to close previous trade and open new trade at only the first BAR.

Example;

GBP/USD

The previous Bar is RED.. previous trade is SHORT. Now it turns BLUE at open price 1.8550.. the EA close the previous trade at 1.8550 and place new LONG trade at 1.8550.

It must works for the first bar only.. Not in the middle. I mean: previous RED bar to new BLUE bar , where at this new bar must have trade close and open.

Not previous RED bar to new RED bar , or, previous BLUE bar to new BLUE bar (that means no trade at this new bar).

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks in advance

Speaking of Heiken Ashi, I would like to try to replicate the HA based martingale system that Team Forex Solution uses as shown in this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Any ideas?

for the heiken ashi stratergy, when a bar goes from red to blue - buy but set a stop X pips away and leave it until it is hit or a TP is hit (this way youll avoid whipsaws of red/blue/red/blue buying and selling) like http://www.moneytec.com/forums/f14/all-you-need-know-profitable-trader-21875/

I agree with trevman.

Whipsaws tend to eat up all the profit.

nostrade, here is the fixed EA. Is this what you are looking for?

Files:
hama3.1.mq4  3 kb

trevman:
for the heiken ashi stratergy, when a bar goes from red to blue - buy but set a stop X pips away and leave it until it is hit or a TP is hit (this way youll avoid whipsaws of red/blue/red/blue buying and selling) like http://www.moneytec.com/forums/f14/all-you-need-know-profitable-trader-21875/

I like the SL/TP idea, but please elaborate on the entry after TP or SL is hit.

Say the previous bar was RED and the new one is BLUE - the EA goes long, but hits SL (meanwhile the bars remain BLUE) - What do we do? Wait till the bars shift into RED or re enter with the HA trend? What if we hit TP instead of SL?

It is no problem for me to code any EA as long as I have the correct formula/algorithm for it.

Thanks alot nix

I have seen a few times Heiken Ashi bars open with one specific color, then hours later suddenly it changes to another one..

for example at 4.00GMT, Heiken Ashi open with RED, then 2 hours later it turns to BLUE.. How can we predict such change of color?

nix:
I like the SL/TP idea, but please elaborate on the entry after TP or SL is hit.

Say the previous bar was RED and the new one is BLUE - the EA goes long, but hits SL (meanwhile the bars remain BLUE) - What do we do? Wait till the bars shift into RED or re enter with the HA trend? What if we hit TP instead of SL?

It is no problem for me to code any EA as long as I have the correct formula/algorithm for it.

read over the thread, he explains the idea very well.

nostrade:
Thanks alot nix

I have seen a few times Heiken Ashi bars open with one specific color, then hours later suddenly it changes to another one..

for example at 4.00GMT, Heiken Ashi open with RED, then 2 hours later it turns to BLUE.. How can we predict such change of color?

No one can. 4 hours is a very long time period. The price can change more than 200 pips and back up in 4h.

Hi nix.

I have been searching for HA indicator that does not repaint.. Still searching till now.. I thought that Ha_Ma doesn't repaint.. unfortunately it is, so do Ha_kusksus.. and Ha_smoothed (by don steinitz), I still don't know.. Its hard for me to do prediction with these repaint indicator.

Reason: