Looking for VPS for EA - page 2

Launching EA on VPS

Hello, pls can anyone help me with the step by step instruction on how to get my EA on VPS? I'm really new to this and know quite nothing about how to get it started.

running EA on vps

Hi timidave,

I would recommend you checkout my friend's blog who has written 2 detailed articles on how to do it: ckowyong.com/blog/.

Hi guys,

However, my 3 months experience with vpsland was not entirely satisfactory. Generally, their support is good with one bad incident which I think may be due to an inexperience support guy. their response is good (within 12-48hrs).

I used their VPS Lite 64bit. They preload FXDD MT4 for you which is kind of good and bad. Good, if you don't mind this broker or just use their demo accounts. Bad, if you have another broker in mind and their version of MT4 is 2 builds behind. You still get to load in your own stuff at the initial stage.

But once you get your MT4s/EAs/indicators/scripts going and later you want to:

1. Update or load new EAs to your MT4s, that is a No, No. The OS treat any new stuff as potential virus. Even if you manage to get it into the MT4, the OS simply freezes your MT4.

2. Do Live update to latest new build of MT4, the OS allows (surprisingly) you to go through the motion, you get a new build. But when you try to run the new version it just simply won't run. After many days of checking, reinstalling and frustrations I found out the new terminal.exe is missing. The OS had quietly remove the new terminal.exe without telling you a thing. Anyway, after talking to the support people I have my new terminal.exe.

Other than the above, you can generally do most of the stuff an old PC running windows NT can do. The OS response is slow which I suppose is undestandable and is tolerable since we do not need to intervene EAs too often. But you still need to plan reloads as they still do need to bring their OS down and up for maintenance.

Well, the bottom line is running EAs in vps may not be a viable solution for some of us who need to test and modify EAs. It simply cannot beat your destop or notebook with a broadband link.

Maybe some of you guys have better experience with vps and maybe you would like to share how you can overcome the 2 main problems I have experienced.

Cheers,

jswei.

if anyone would run 1 or more expert advisor with vps contact me.

Hi,

We can provide special VPS for trading , also we do have a best price guarantee , link is in my signature. you can contact me if you need more info.

Regards

metatrader vps

have a look at

... | vpsmetatrader.com

might be a solution

Virtual Private Servers

IF EVER WONT TO JUST TRY I FOUND THIS VPS IN NEW YORK THEY OVER 1 MONTH FOR FREE I EEN USING THEM FOR 2 MONTHS

NYCVPS.com | Provider of ultra-fast unmetered NYC VPS and New York City Colocation 111 8th Avenue Carrier Hotel rated at Tier 4 with Tier 1 bandwidth

You can find a list of Windows VPS here

You can add to list a new VPS if not exists or rate a VPS.

Virtual private server

Hi,

I am using for some months a VPS, that I would like to recommend you. It's a vps specially for forex, so it comes with metatrader already installed. Possibility to handle several metatraders. Very reliable servers, swiss quality and prices very interesting also.

The site is : Forex VPS | Forex VPS - The Leader in Forex Hosting Technologies

Cheap Windows VPS

Everyone who needs affordable Windows VPS for continuous autotrading, welcome to this url:

vps24.narod.ru

Reason: