MQL5 VPS - Changing Server Location - How do I do it?

To add comments, please log in or register
Alco Brand
Alco Brand  

Hi guys, I need help. I was running MQL5's VPS with an EA. The EA showed steady profit and was hosted Webzilla New York. Since expiration I renewed my VPS but at the time best ping was Webzilla Dallas. The EA has been losing since.

I had a look this morning and Webzilla New York is available if I was to register a new VPS. The difference between Dallas and NYC ping is massive. Dallas = 39.55ms compared to NYC = 2.33ms. I think this may be the main reason the EA went from profitable to loss making.

Can anyone help me understand how to I move my MQL5's VPS from Dallas to NYC? I paid 3 months up front. Thanks

Eleni Anna Branou
Eleni Anna Branou  
Alco Brand:

Hi guys, I need help. I was running MQL5's VPS with an EA. The EA showed steady profit and was hosted Webzilla New York. Since expiration I renewed my VPS but at the time best ping was Webzilla Dallas. The EA has been losing since.

I had a look this morning and Webzilla New York is available if I was to register a new VPS. The difference between Dallas and NYC ping is massive. Dallas = 39.55ms compared to NYC = 2.33ms. I think this may be the main reason the EA went from profitable to loss making.

Can anyone help me understand how to I move my MQL5's VPS from Dallas to NYC? I paid 3 months up front. Thanks

I don't think you can change the VPS server location as its runnning.

You can ask for a refund at the Service Desk, for reasons of large delay in connection and that you want to subscribe again with a faster server.

Alco Brand
Alco Brand  
Eleni Anna Branou:

I don't think you can change the VPS server location as its runnning.

You can ask for a refund at the Service Desk, for reasons of large delay in connection and that you want to subscribe again with a faster server.

Thanks. I have sent them an email. Will check what they have to say.

Juan Fernandez
Juan Fernandez  
Alco Brand:

If an EA profit is affected by 30ms ping then maybe it's reasonable you meditate about EA reliability, not VPS
To add comments, please log in or register