Looking For A Matingale Type Ea But... - page 3

Hi Azman,

Finally, the day has come for my ea. It blew up today

This is what I was worried since the first time I ran this system. SL=20 and TP=30 is not good. May be we should use another setting and think about how to exit all the mess when the serious thing happen.

Interesting chart anyway.

Cheers,

Files:
crissx_1.gif  5 kb
crissx_1.htm  20 kb

azman818:
this is modified from criss_cross_v101

and we'll name it criss_X_v111

harryhid's progression 1,3,6,12,24,48,... is achieved by Lot_triple2nd=true

(default external settings)

criss73's progression 1,2,4,8,16,32,... is when Lot_triple2nd=false

wibi, this is still with rare bugs

pls test and we'll get help to straighten out

cheers everyone.

Okay, no problem, I'll test it again. By the way, what's the setting for now? How about the SL and TP? Last time I used 20 and 30. I think this is too narrow. Thanks azman

Cheers,

defaults are TP/SL/pipstep 30/60/30

but if you go back to harryhid's hedging lots strategy.doc

he recommends tests for 15/30/15, 60/120/60, or 30/60/15, 60/120/30

but as you can see in his doc the trades are such that say you start

long 0.1lots TP 30 and SL double TP - then you can sell stop halfway the

double TP stoploss; this will not be possible if your SL is less than double TP

in essence, this TP/SL ratio is the pinnacle of harry's "Never Loss Strategy"

i think it is faultless - other than being trapped beyond supportable levels.

happy testing, wibi.

cheers.

hey azman, i dont understand why TP 30 and SL 60. this is a losing situation. also, we should look to have TP at least 100 and SL 50. ive tested it since jan 1 of '07 until now and came out to about +29%.

azman818:
oops, this is TP hit at level 6

harry's progression (although looked faultless on paper) on platform prove otherwise

perhaps we can raise progression a little to compensate, say Lot_Exp=2.30 instead of 2.0

but then again this risk/reward ratio is hardly justifiable; or can we work this out properly

- what if we have maxed at level 6 and SL is hit (instead of TP) - what will be the loss?

This not really what was recommended by Harry because in your case you open a trade when the other one is closed and that is quite different.

To have the Ea working like in Harry's case you need to add a parameter (gap or whatever) that you will set at 30 and you will deduct that from the position of the pending order. In this case the new order will be started 30 pips before the stoploss of the first order is hit. And then both the SL of the first order and the TP of the second order will be placed at the same level.

You will see it works much better.

We suppose to use script instead of EA with this kind of strategy right?

I came across a almost same strategy as Harry's doc. on another forum, the only difference are the partition of TP and SL, and it don't use the typical martingale of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32... etc. Which I think make it a better in term of money management.

The first position TP is 20 pips and 40 pips SL.

The hedge gap between the initial position and the buy/sell stop order is 20 pips.

The 2nd position (stop order) should have 40 TP and 40 SL.

Thw 3rd position should have the same TP, SL of the 1st position.

The lot allocations are 1, 2, 4, 6, 12, 36.... etc., instead of the usual martingale.

All positions will close if neither of the TP is reached.

Can anyone help me make a mql4 "script" for this? The trade should look like this:

Files:

sam1:
We suppose to use script instead of EA with this kind of strategy right?

I came across a almost same strategy as Harry's doc. on another forum, the only difference are the partition of TP and SL, and it don't use the typical martingale of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32... etc. Which I think make it a better in term of money management.

The first position TP is 20 pips and 40 pips SL.

The hedge gap between the initial position and the buy/sell stop order is 20 pips.

The 2nd position (stop order) should have 40 TP and 40 SL.

Thw 3rd position should have the same TP, SL of the 1st position.

The lot allocations are 1, 2, 4, 6, 12, 36.... etc., instead of the usual martingale.

All positions will close if neither of the TP is reached.

Can anyone help me make a mql4 "script" for this? The trade should look like this:

hi sam1, is there a formula for you lot progression

just because some numbers are less than harry's doesn't mean it's better mm

and harry's lot progression is not just some arbitrary sequence - you can work

out something lesser or different and will fail

and a "script" in mql is a non-interactive program - it execute once and that's it

there is no way you can achieve your tick sequence as outline above

can you try criss_X_v111 and custom its external settings to get as close to

your strategy and see what results you get

let us know if you there's something else we can help you with

cheers.

Thanks for the attention azman.

I don't have the formula for the lot progression. But someone on the other forum made a script out of that calculation. I'll PM the forum link for you tomorrow.

I also do know that Harry's lot progression is not just some arbitrary sequence. I respect that. Just like the strategy I presented, 20TP with 60SL on the 1st, 3rd, 5th positions and 40TP with 40SL on the 2nd , 4th, 6th positions. Hedge gap should always be same as the initial position's TP. Once this settings is tweaked, the trade will have longer trade duration and great volume of lottage use, which will cause a margin call.

The reason I like the unusual martingale lot progression is that it will reduce lot size allocation and will have the same out come.

The reason I prefer script over EA is because I can look for a trend and trade for that direction on my 1st position. If price went against the trend, that's where the hedge comes in. It lessen the trade period/duration if price went to your 1st position's 20 pips TP, if went the other way; you'll have to make 40 pips to get the same amount of profit as your 1st position, which will take longer time. With EA on the other hand, I can't put my own discretion of the trend.

I tried to alter the criss_x_v111 settings a bit to get close to the hedged martingale strategy I'm using. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to set 20TP with 60 SL for the 1st, 3rd, 5th positions and 40 TP, 40 SL for the 2nd, 4th, 6th positions.

I will trade both criss_x_v111 and my strategy side by side. to see which one is better. I'll report it here. It is much better if someone can build an script or EA for my strategy, so it will make my life much easier rather than trading it manually.

Can anyone give me a brief tutorial on how to use the JRSX indicator?

Azman,

I am running your new ea right now with default setting. I will let you know the result later.

By the way, I just examined your code. That's really a nice one

Good job Azman

Cheers,

azman818:
hi jlpi, thanks for looking at those trades

if you were to look again a little closer you should see that what you said in your 1st paragraph is wrong

Yes you are right, I was too much distracted by the red and green colors

Reason: