Chaos Explorer (my indicator for patterns) - page 4

Aleksandr Nevskiy:
hello, everyone!

here's the indicator fixed, finally - now it is in real time and plotting a few windows with different Separation still gives some patterns, but I'm not yet clear on how to tractate them, maybe using divergence concept...

the values for the corridor in the indicator I've taken using charting in excel using the following procedure:

1) saved 15min history to .cvs from MT

2) made a separate column with formula x(n)=x(n)/x(n-1)

3) dublicated this column with a shift, to get smth like lets say

[col 1] [col 2]

2 nothing

3 2

4 3

5 4

4 5

1 4

5 1

3) plotting [col 1] versus [col 2] or wise-versa, doesn't matter, as well as the shift in columns can be greater than two. this is the procedure called embedding and is used to get a visual image of chaos (if it exists in given timeseries). I've tried also 5min timeframe and it also gives good results for chaos, but timeframes greater than 1H, as I understand need a history of greater samples than available to see pattern

4) the corridor values are the ones that surround the main picture on the graph.

the embedding procedure is discussed in http://www.scientio.com/resources/thesis.pdf - thats a nice paper on chaos in timeseries and I'm also planning to make an indicator that makes use of the XML service that the site provides to analyse chaos in series (and even predict). would anyone like to contribute? (basically a nice DLL which is able to communicate with web services is needed, so that it can be used from mql code to upload data and download estimations)

I have this attached to my chart but it lags 2 bars behind the current bar...

Example:On USD/CHF 1 hr chart it shows a sell signal at 2300 GMT(2 hours ago) but no values for 0000 and 0100 GMT bars.

This holds true for every timeframe...2 bar delay

Keep up the good work.

I am no programmer. Not even good with computers. But for some reason I like this indicator. I have been playing around with the setting. There is no rime or reason to what I have done. I thought I would post my temp. If anything gust to keep this tread current. And hopefully get all of the senior member of this forum involved with this. Get a good working system going. Thanks Aleksandr Nevskiy for your work. lets keep it up. jatki24300

Files:
caos1.tpl  10 kb

RickW00716:
I have this attached to my chart but it lags 2 bars behind the current bar...

Example:On USD/CHF 1 hr chart it shows a sell signal at 2300 GMT(2 hours ago) but no values for 0000 and 0100 GMT bars.

This holds true for every timeframe...2 bar delay

Rick, try the new version - it doesn't lag.

hey, Jatki! I've tried your setting - it's an original idea to have {-n...+n} set for Separation, this way it looks like it's predicting the pattern! I'm gonna test more now...

lag

Hay Aleksandr Nevskiy.

The update still seems to lag by two bars. Do we need to change the settings. Or did the update not get posted. Thanks.

please try to remove the indicator and put it again, or can you post the picture pls?

I got it working now...what is the best description of the different levels shown on the indicator?

There are 12 mini windows under the chart and I want to know which is the best to use or maybe a confluence of several different windows would be best.

Great indicator with lots of promise once we iron out the details and figure out the best way to trade it.

Still having problems

I am still Having problems. I have tryed removing the old indicator and temp. I reinstalled the up date. The one from your last post. The indicator still lags by two bars On all time frams. Can you repost the update. Or can you tell us the new settings. Thanks. Jatki24300

Files:
lag.gif  45 kb

ok, Jatki, just do this:

1) remove the xaosexplorer.mql file from C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\indicators directory completely as well as xaosexplorer.ex4

2) delete .tpl file from its directory

3) put the new files on their places

good luck )

Files:

Aleksandr Nevskiy:
ok, Jatki, just do this:

1) remove the xaosexplorer.mql file from C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\indicators directory completely as well as xaosexplorer.ex4

2) delete .tpl file from its directory

3) put the new files on their places

good luck )

Yup still got the same lag , with the ex4 and indicator delated and the mt4 station delated the problem still resist . Aleksandr can you up load the indi again , thanks

Files:
1_5.gif  29 kb
Reason: