Mt4 charttime convertor found, need range bar indicator

From my correspondence with mt4. Fellow traders I give unto you this for your delectation.

Regards

---------------------

You can use 'Period_converter.mq4' script (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7936) to make nonstandard timeframes.

To make M10 period you should:

1. Open M5 chart.

2. Attach the 'Period_converter.mq4' MQL4 file taken from the 'Script' list of the 'Navigator' window to the chart.

3. In the 'Common' tab, check 'Allow DLL imports' and clear 'Confirm DLL function calls'

4. In the 'Inputs' properties tab, please set 'ExtPeriodMultiplier' variable value to 2 (you'll get M5*2 = M10 data).

5. Click OK

6. Open M10 chart in offline mode ('File -> Open Offline' menu). M10 chart will be updated every 2 sec (by default) during M5 chart with the attached 'Period_converter.mq4' script is opened.

----------------

Range Bars are great for forex, given its technical nature, beautiful smooth sweep when breaking out.

Would someone please code this indicator for mt4?

As well as programming a range bar indicator, could someone program a userdefined timezone convertor indicator for mt4. This would save everyone having to convert in their head to time of the mt4 broker server they use and their own local time. That also draws demarcation vertical lines on the chart at a periodic time intervals eg. every 4hrs?

Regards

hi

abaker:
From my correspondence with mt4. Fellow traders I give unto you this for your delectation.

Regards

---------------------

You can use 'Period_converter.mq4' script (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7936) to make nonstandard timeframes.

To make M10 period you should:

1. Open M5 chart.

2. Attach the 'Period_converter.mq4' MQL4 file taken from the 'Script' list of the 'Navigator' window to the chart.

3. In the 'Common' tab, check 'Allow DLL imports' and clear 'Confirm DLL function calls'

4. In the 'Inputs' properties tab, please set 'ExtPeriodMultiplier' variable value to 2 (you'll get M5*2 = M10 data).

5. Click OK

6. Open M10 chart in offline mode ('File -> Open Offline' menu). M10 chart will be updated every 2 sec (by default) during M5 chart with the attached 'Period_converter.mq4' script is opened.

----------------

Range Bars are great for forex, given its technical nature, beautiful smooth sweep when breaking out.

Would someone please code this indicator for mt4?

Thanks it's useful indi ..for time frame trader...Range bars , I'm not yet found that indi...maybe someone did ...

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

better use this:

Period Converter Optimized

Range Bar Indicator

Can anyone here code an indicator that will change the chart from a "minute" timeframe, to a "range" timeframe. For example, every bar will have the same range, no matter of time. If you choose a 10 range, then a new bar will form after the previous bar reached a range of 10. I hope this makes sense. I've been looking all over and can seem to find a forex platform that offers range charts. THANKS!!!!

Ranging indicators:

- MTF_HI_LOW: multi timeframe indicator for high/low daily, week and so on in one chart window.

- # Hi Low - Open Close CANDLES: very good indicator is on this post.

- 4Period Open Close indicator is on this thread.

- some good ranging indicators (averaging daily, weekly etc) is here.

- Range Indicators are here.

- Price amplitude counter: original thread.

- Narrow Range Day Indicator: the thread with good informative indicator.

- MTF Range indicators are here.

- High and Low Multi Meter is on this page.

Files:
wcci.gif  86 kb

aha, only zip files, ok...

Files:
wcci_fx.zip  2 kb

Some nice links from ND as always.

Wish that screen print not so long.....

That screen is not important, can anybody help with range bar WCCI ?

Reason: