Coppock Indicator - page 3

Coppock curve ...

Been reading about Coppock curve again and decided to make it "to the letter" as it is described here : Coppock curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Signal line as well as the the signal line method are additions to the original indicator (as it is seen from the description in the link above) but since it seems to be smart idea to have it, kept the signal line too. To turn the signal line off, set the Signal parameter to less than 2. Also, since the slope of the curve is important, added a histogram colored for easier slope observation of the curve itself

updated version posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176623

Files:

This was requested here: https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page436#comment_771211

Files:

Just take a look at this chart with the amazing Coppock curve NRP indicator !

Just disregard the MTF one, it's set to M15 on the M5, but I have only started to test it.

You should only take a look at the two other subwindows

First you see the chart with the price. In the beginning the price goes down, and then price doesn't know where to go, so it stays 'flat'.

But I already know the price will go up, because the Coppock curve indicator goes up ...you will see the red arrows in the second subwindow. So eventually, price goes up ... to go down when the Coppock is at the top.

When the price goes down, the other Coppock in the lowest window already told me that it would go up again, and so it does. Notice the arrows ...

You also see in the lowest window the reactions of the normal Coppock indicator (the thin pink line).

Of course you can't trade all the color changes of the Coppock curve, but filter that with some other indicators and you are good to go ...

I already thought this indicator would be something, that's why I asked to make the Coppock Curve NRP ... and so it is !

Thank YOU Mrtools and Mladen !!!!!!!

Files:

Wulong10:
Just take a look at this chart with the amazing Coppock curve NRP indicator !

Just disregard the MTF one, it's set to M15 on the M5, but I have only started to test it.

You should only take a look at the two other subwindows

First you see the chart with the price. In the beginning the price goes down, and then price doesn't know where to go, so it stays 'flat'.

But I already know the price will go up, because the Coppock curve indicator goes up ...you will see the red arrows in the second subwindow. So eventually, price goes up ... to go down when the Coppock is at the top.

When the price goes down, the other Coppock in the lowest window already told me that it would go up again, and so it does. Notice the arrows ...

You also see in the lowest window the reactions of the normal Coppock indicator (the thin pink line).

Of course you can't trade all the color changes of the Coppock curve, but filter that with some other indicators and you are good to go ...

I already thought this indicator would be something, that's why I asked to make the Coppock Curve NRP ... and so it is !

Thank YOU Mrtools and Mladen !!!!!!!

Nice. Thanks. Did you draw the arrows yourself ? Can you post a template or give indi names and settings ? Thanks.

Hi Airquest,

This is only a test template, so the other indicators are not that important. This template changes all the time.

But I can give you the settings of the Coppock Curve, of course

The one in the second subwindow has settings : Roc period1 14 - Roc period2 10 - smooth 5 - signal 5 - method 0

The one in the third subwindow has settings : Roc period1 7 - Roc period2 6 - smooth 5 - signal 3 - method 0

The arrows I have put them my self of course.

Best regards from Wulong

Wulong10:
Hi Airquest,

This is only a test template, so the other indicators are not that important. This template changes all the time.

But I can give you the settings of the Coppock Curve, of course

The one in the second subwindow has settings : Roc period1 14 - Roc period2 10 - smooth 5 - signal 5 - method 0

The one in the third subwindow has settings : Roc period1 7 - Roc period2 6 - smooth 5 - signal 3 - method 0

The arrows I have put them my self of course.

Best regards from Wulong

Nice settings

Thanks

Great indicator, would it be possible to create an alert when the signal line is crossing the curve?

Louisetano:
Great indicator, would it be possible to create an alert when the signal line is crossing the curve?

Which version exactly?

If possible, to add an alert to the Coppock curve nrp, attached in post #23.

Louisetano:
If possible, to add an alert to the Coppock curve nrp, attached in post #23.

Hi Louisetano, added the alerts.

Reason: