Coppock Indicator

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can find "Coppock Indicator" for Metatrader 4.0.

Thanks

nick

Hello,

You can see here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coppock_curve

The Coppock curve or Coppock indicator is a technical analysis indicator created by Edwin Coppock, first published in Barron's Magazine in 1962.

The indicator is designed for use on a monthly time scale. It's the sum of a 14-month rate of change and 11-month rate of change, smoothed by a 10-period weighted moving average.

Coppock = WMA[10] \; of \; (ROC[14] + ROCK[11]).

Coppock was an economist and he had been asked by the The Episcopal Church to identify buying opportunities for long-term investors. He thought market downturns were like bereavements and required a period of mourning. He asked the church bishops how long that normally took for people, their answer was 11 to 14 months and so he used those periods in his calculation.[1]

A buy signal is generated when the indicator is below zero and turns upwards from a trough. No sell signals are generated (that not being its design). The indicator is trend-following, and based on averages, so by its nature it doesn't pick a market bottom, but rather shows when a rally has become established.

Coppock designed the indicator for the S&P 500 index, and it's been applied to similar stock indexes like the Dow Jones Industrial Average. It's not regarded as well-suited to commodity markets, since bottoms there are more rounded than the spike lows found in stocks.

Although designed for monthly use, a daily calculation over the same period can be made, converting the periods to 294 day and 231 day rate of changes, and a 210 day weighted moving average.

Michel

Dmbsys

Hi,

So, is there an .mq4 indicator for the Coppock.

Thanks

Rate of Changes

Is there a quantitative indicator showing the degree of price changes ?

Some times, the market is wild and there are sudden changes in both directions, and sometimes the market movement is smooth and price oscillates in a narrow range.

I am seeking for an indicator showing the potential range of price fluctuations at a given time.

There should be several related indicators, I hope to collect your experiences in this thread ...

So, is there an .mq4 indicator for the Coppock?

Thanks

@newdigital

you are the man with ALL indicator. dont disappoint me

baggermatsch:
@newdigital you are the man with ALL indicator. dont disappoint me

It is what I found on internet.

Stocks & Commodities, V. 12:11 (459-462): The Coppock Curve by Elliott Middleton

Some usefull information and Interpretation Coppock Curve - CMS Forex

MetaStock formulas

http://www.xeatrade.com/trading/5/C/594.html

Here is an metatrader version of the coppock indicator...

Files:
coppock.mq4  5 kb

leeb:

Thank you leeb for sharing.

leeb:

first of all thanks.

i found this one too before. i think this indicator has not the original formulas.

i found this rules:

Coppock = WMAX (ROCY + ROCZ)

and that one

RocX(t) = 100 * (Close(t) / Close(t-x))

RocY(t) = 100 * (Close(t) / Close(t-y))

RocSum(t) = RocX(t) + RocY(t)

CPI(t) = WMA(n)(RocSum)

---

Coppock curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coppock Indicator

Reason: